Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was putting my kayaks on the rack this weekend wearing wet sperrys, and I was having a hard time creating leverage from the step I was on. So I did this

Nothing too creative, I just liked the way it looked and wanted to feel like I contributed something to this site. The tape I used is called 3M safety-walk. It's meant for deck steps, but we use it on aircraft and I have yet to see it really come off of anything. Well see how it holds up to the elements.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured someone had to have done it! I did it a bit hastily, when its hot out I don't take my time, kind of scratched up part I didn't want to with the file. If I do do the back ill find the right paper to make the templates correctly so I don't have to cut and file to much afterwards.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I just sprayed the whole step inserts and rear bumper cap with bedliner and it is no slip. I used skateboard deck tape on the hitch step and it hasnt peeled in two years

I was putting my kayaks on the rack this weekend wearing wet sperrys, and I was having a hard time creating leverage from the step I was on. So I did this

Nothing too creative, I just liked the way it looked and wanted to feel like I contributed something to this site. The tape I used is called 3M safety-walk. It's meant for deck steps, but we use it on aircraft and I have yet to see it really come off of anything. Well see how it holds up to the elements.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts