Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got the yellow X and received a few complaints that it looks plain from the side view.... i opted out of getting the molding and can't decide if i want it or not... bah.......suggestions? i seen them online for ~ $50...
________
Infants Paxil

·
on line
400 Posts
why not, will add more character jus like the guards you have. :p Check your msgs

·
on line
1,695 Posts
After seeing all the door dings in the plastic moldings in mine, I'd definitely recommend them. Nicked plastic beats dented sheetmetal any day of the week. I suppose Shrock sliders would help that problem too, though?

·
on line
259 Posts
I have been pondering the same question, I am back and forth, it has a cleaner look without them, but it could save on door dings. I have the step rails on mine so that should save some damage. I'm too back and forth to commit to anything. If I off-roaded more I would probably get them. Which trim levels came with it stock? I have an 05 S with the utility package, do the side molding only come on the OR and SE models?

·
on line
26 Posts
i just ordered 1 1/8" wide body side molding and 9/16" wide wheel well molding in black .im gonna replace the 4" wide stockOR side moldings....they failed to stop a serious hit on my door....i like the moldings on the older xterras...i will post pics when im done. shrock sliders should be here next week :cheers:

·
on line
237 Posts
uh yea...maybe a slightly smaller file size? :cyclopsani:

·
on line
1,884 Posts
And I got yelled at for being 5 pixels too wide... :cyclops:

·
on line
259 Posts
Re: BODY SIDE MOLDINGS

SHADOW said:
I have an SE.they don`t come stock.Bought some and had them painted to match,BLACK.I had an '01 for 5 years with them and NO DOOR DINGS.Buy em.
do they just stick on? and how much are they going for?

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ok, so i picked these up from the dealer yesterday; had a 15% off coupon so i figured why not. however, it looks like these things come in a dark grey color and not black.... in all the pics i've seen they looked black.. what gives? do they come in black? i think i'll return these
________
Live sex

·
on line
1,716 Posts
juntao said:
ok, so i picked these up from the dealer yesterday; had a 15% off coupon so i figured why not. however, it looks like these things come in a dark grey color and not black.... in all the pics i've seen they looked black.. what gives? do they come in black? i think i'll return these
No only dark grey.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
If you want black, you are going to need to paint them. I am probably going to paint mine once I Line-x the the sides.

·
on line
26 Posts
i took one of the stock OR body side moldings and i popped a corner off...and guess what ? there are holes in the door . they are used to locate them when being installed....so much for my plans. now im stuck with them..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts