Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, since no one posted photos of their rear bumper with the hilift mounted, I'll post pics of mine and maybe someone can shed some light on my situation. I REALLY don't think I'm doing anything wrong here, but ya never know.

Here's pics of the hi-lift mounted to the bottom mount (see the gap at the top mount)

Now, here's the pics of the hi-lift mounted securely to the top mount (note the gap at the bottom mount and, it's on the wrong side of the mount)

any suggestions??? I'd sooner fab something up to correct this problem as opposed to sending it back to Texas and then waiting 3 months on a new one.

~John - Order #1073

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I agree.

My guess, the bottom mount was welded in the wrong place.

Only thing I see as being a problem is that the bumper and tire carrier are matched. I am not sure he can just send a new carrier and guarantee that it's going to line up to the bumper.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Well it's been a long time, but I had to REMACHINE my CALMINI swingaway bumper--

--SHROCKWORKS makes a few minor mistakes, so this mis-alignment is not indicative, of the normal work--

--Notify them first and maybe this has happened before, so there's a mount-bracked-mod they'll send you for the fix, then maybe give you a break on the next purchase--

--Don't go thru the crap/cost of demanding a new swing arm from them, if they don't have a fix to send you, just get a couple of suspension bushings, as spacers and longer wing-nut galv bolts, it's at the bottom, so there's no real strain on the mounting security--

--simple fix-Merry Christmas--JIMBO

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Problem is, you might run into clearance issues with the hi-lift that far over. Obviously I don't know this for sure, but because you just try spacing it out and call it good, be sure to look that the hi-lift isn't going to hit any where.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
creek,

like jason said, make sure it doesnt hit anything when mounted to the top and maybe i can bend a piece of stainless for the bottom bracket. i say stainless because i wouldnt be worth getting it powdercoated. i get a $55 lot charge from our powder guy. get me some dimensions if shrockworks cant help.

-dan

·
on line
1,320 Posts
same thing was wrong with mine but to the opposite side... the lower mount was farther over the other side.
I used a spacer nut to offset it. (looks like a regular nut but about 1.5" long)

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the input guys...after looking at it more closely today, it's definitely the bottom bracket that's off. If i mount the hi-lift to the bottom bracket only (so it's vertical), it hit's the tailgate when i open it. So, I'm going to talk to Jim this week and see if he has a fix. If not, I'll be in touch with you Dan...i sort of already have a fix in mind

·
on line
1,206 Posts
SeXterraPA said:
Ha Ha Ha, very funny Mark.

I would feel bad except I just looked at a photo of your X and seeing your small tires made me feel better.
haha!! :bounce: owned

1 - 20 of 42 Posts