Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished installing my Shrockworks sliders this evening. A pretty easy job (especially if you have a helper to hold the sliders when you are lining up the holes, and such.

The install would have been a lot easier and about 45 minutes faster if the passenger’s side captive nut wasn’t off just a half-thread width. It was a serious PIA to get that bolt threaded into the frame. The good news was that the “stick nut� was a piece of cake after this dirty wench!!!

The thread in the How-to's and Reviews on the sliders install was super helpful! Thanks man! I never really bothered with the instructions that came with the sliders.

I still need to add the abrasive non-slip tape on the top and bottom (to protect from road debris), but they are on and ready for a rock!

Photos of course:

Before

After:

The whole enchilada:

Scott

·
on line
631 Posts
wooo :cheers: sliders!!!

lookin good!

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Looks good. And if you plan on actually using the sliders you do need to lose the mudflaps. Or the trail will take them off for you :bounce:

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, ok! I give up. I'll take off the mud flaps the first minute I get free! :D Where is the best description on removal of the mud flaps?

I'm working hard on the wife (it is HER truck afterall - I drive the performance car day to day) that we really need the front bumper from Shrockworks.... Plus we have a contact for a Mile Marker winch at cost. <grin>

So many mods, so little time.

Thanks for the Kudo's,

Scott

·
on line
384 Posts
Your truck looks good! I am hoping I can get some time this evening to get mine installed. Got the factory ones off last night and got the mounting place primed and painted.

Find the "How To" thread on installing a front bumper. There are pictures of the OEM bumper vs. the Shrock bumper. Just tell your wife you want to install one to protect her.

In regard to the mud flaps, I don't think there has been a write-up on it. Just a couple of screws and some plastic pins to pull. If you got the sliders on, you can get those off. Or go find some rocks to test the sliders on and the mud flaps will probably come off on their own.

·
on line
616 Posts
The mud flaps come off with screws on the fronts and the ones under the rear doors. The rear flap has a combo of screws and push pins. The pins have a center section that needs to be pulled out about 1/4" before the whole pin comes out. Look at the pins closely and you will see slots that allow you to get a small screwdriver under the head of the center section. Do not attempt to completey remove the center of the pin as you will either break it or make it impossible to remove. 1/4" is all it takes.

By the way, good luck getting the flaps off under the rear doors. The slider blocks access to one of the screws. You will have to nearly remove the slider to get to it.

-Old Army

·
on line
564 Posts
Look'n good!

·
on line
463 Posts
Ahhh-Ohhhh !

IT HAS BEGUN !

That would be for the modifications ! Once you start,,,it becomes an addiction !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts