Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I live in "the great white north"(Canada) and there is a border between here and "down south" where the Shrockworks products are manufactured, sometimes there can be 'issues' when shipping things across the border.

To avoid those issues, I ordered my Shrockworks sliders and front bumper through North Shore Off-Road. NSOR took care of bringing my order across the border, and they did the installation at their North Vancouver store.

The sliders arrived in a box, securely packed in foam:

The sliders weight 46.6 pounds each.

The installation instructions say to remove the "vibration dampening weight" that is bolted to the frame. There were no such weights installed on my Xterra.

Starting to install the passenger-side slider:

Front mounting bracket, passenger side:

The upper bolt for the passenger-side rear bracket:

The passenger-side rear bracket, with the three bolts (two front bracket and one rear bracket) tight:

In this photo you can see that while the inner face of the rear bracket is flush with the top edge of the frame, at the lower edge of the frame there is a gap.

Drilling the hole for the rear bracket lower mounting bolt:

Tightening up the rear bracket lower mounting bolt:

A washer was used as a spacer between the rear mounting bracket and the frame, otherwise tightening the lower mounting bolt would cause the slider to 'pull down', and make it so that the gap between the slider and the rocker panel seam would be wider at the rear than at the front:

Repeat the process for the driver's side:

The result:

I put the included Shrockworks stickers on my windows, along with some NSOR stickers:

I added some grip tape to the sliders. Before:

After:

I used some "PermaStik Safety Flex" tape that I got at Home Depot. It comes in a roll 1 inch wide and 8 feet long. I used two 4-foot pieces for each slider. I started from the front, even with the seam in the rocker. I'm going to add a bit more tape (from a third roll) at the rear of both sliders, on the curve.

·
on line
631 Posts
Looks nice! I was going to put grip tape on mine also, but figured it would wear out with the elements that my X is exposed to. So I sprayed it with DupliColor Truck Bed Spray.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Looks great!! Do you think that if you took the sharp edges off of the grip tape, as in cut the radius so it is no longer a 90 degree angle, you'd have a better chance of keeping it from peeling?? That's always the rule when i patch a tent or sleeping pad, I bet it would keep them on there longer.
Just my 2 cents.

·
on line
140 Posts
I have the same issue with passenger side mounts. I had to use washer in the front and the back side holes. The bottom part of the plate was flush with the frame but the side leaves a gap. Why is that??? I have a 2006 OR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts