Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished my Shrockworks front bumper install today. Took me the better part of the weekend, but I had no help and take these things pretty slowly. Even with synthetic rope and no top tubes, that thing sure is heavy with a Ramsey winch installed. I was just about to give up getting it to fit the brackets, as it was an extremely tight fit and difficult to balance on a hydralic jack by myself.

The winch came with wire rope, which I replaced with synthetic. If anyone in the Houston area wants a brand new wire rope, I am glad to donate it. I live in Katy. Hate to throw it away.

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
i've been waiting to use this one....

all in good fun. congrats on the install. that bumper is a heavy b!tch

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
looking good! i still can't decide which way i like it better....w/ or w/o hoops.

·
on line
3,929 Posts
W/O hoops is SOOOO much cooler :D

nice looking bumper! Wish I had the cash to throw a winch in right now, i feel like a poser, keep driving around with an empty front bumper, no fogs or winch lol.
I disagree with the non-hoops, I love the hoops. Don't worry about the winch/fogs, I ran around town for years without adding them. Ya gotta piece it together.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice mount of the front plate, I like it. I picked up a spring loaded plate holder. I am thinking of using the top bolts and letting it hang over the fairlead (to keep stuff out of it when not using) and just using a bunge cord to hold up when winching. If that doesn't pan out, I will probably copy what you did.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used the bracket from the old bumper It is just held on now by thin wire wrapped around the two bolts and looped through 2 holes in the bumper. I am hoping Texas will finally pass the law eliminating front license plates.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Are you still running the stock suspension?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have not changed anything yet. It dropped about 1/2 inch with the added weight. I need to drive it some more to see if it bothers me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Now I get to spend my weekend like you did last weekend. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Got the Radflo's with 700# springs mounted tonight, along with one of the AALs. Back is too sore to do the other tonight, I will save it for tomorrow. I figured adding the suspension would be a good idea given about 180# is added to the front end with mine (including bullbars), I am guessing you are carrying about 160# since you also have synth rope and no bullbars. I also wanted a couple extra inches in height. I plan on off-roading this vehicle, so the suspension was something I felt I had to do.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts