Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Hmmm, well, this sucks to stumble across this thread...

My Xterra that I bought in October has a Shrockworks rear bumper, which unfortunately the previous owner decided to take the tire carrier off of it..

I have been shooting them emails trying to see if I can just buy the tire carrier part without having to get a whole new bumper, but I guess this answers my question as to why they haven't answered!

Seems like a quality product, really too bad.

· Registered
13 Posts
Hmmm, well, this sucks to stumble across this thread...

My Xterra that I bought in October has a Shrockworks rear bumper, which unfortunately the previous owner decided to take the tire carrier off of it..

I have been shooting them emails trying to see if I can just buy the tire carrier part without having to get a whole new bumper, but I guess this answers my question as to why they haven't answered!

Seems like a quality product, really too bad.
would have been easy enough to do for you , I would have preferred to have the bumper here as each bumper/arm is a specific pair.
one of the guys who made the bumper could have misaligned those hinge side tabs just a touch , without bumper new arm could have ridden higher/lower wouldn't really know till installed.

but ya that sucks he ditched the arm prior to selling.

best bet is find u a fab guy in your area and go from there.

· Registered
4 Posts
In case some of you guys dont realize how this typically goes, if theyre closing the business and filing bankruptcy, you're almost certainly not getting your money back unless you can do a chargeback from your credit card or bank. The only caveat to that is if they didnt have their LLC or INC setup correctly and mixed business and personal money.

Realistically if your money was sent over 120 days ago you are screwed and it will cost you more to try and get your money or parts than you originally spent if it us even possible. Taking the owner/owners to court individually will be a waste of time assuming their incorporation was done properly because it shields them personally from business liability. I've seen this many times since I started working on cars and modifying them in the '90s.

· Super Moderator
4,597 Posts
This was posted on the ShrockWorks 4x4 Facebook page on 14 January 2023:

After two decades of serving the off-road community, it is with heavy hearts that we announce we have to close our doors. We assure you every other option has been extensively explored. This is the last outcome we ever imagined for the company we have worked so hard to build. The last few years of economic hardship and rising cost of goods has been detrimental for small businesses. We have heard all of your frustrations and understand completely; we are working hard to assure the best outcome for a terrible situation. Thank you for your years of support and your patience as we navigate this difficult process.

Members of this forum with pending orders and paid deposits should take appropriate action with their credit card companies and financial institutions without further delay.

Further posts in this thread should be limited to factual reports of actions taken by members to obtain refunds and the results thereof, announcements by Shrockworks or its attorneys of an bankruptcy filing, and any announcements by Shrockworks or its attorneys regarding claims by creditors and customers with pending orders.

Posts attacking the character of the owner(s) of Shrockworks or anyone else or posts criticizing the past business practices of the company are not helpful in the efforts by members of this forum to secure refunds for deposits paid and will be removed from this thread.

There will be plenty of time and appropriate threads to bash Shrockworks, PRG, XOSKEL, and every other vendor that has bitten the dust holding customer money, but this is not the time or place.

Lets keep this thread on the subject now at hand - Refunds for deposits paid by members of this forum for orders pending or unfulfilled at the time Shrockworks announced the cessation of operations.

Thank you for your cooperation.

· Registered
09, lifted, 33's
346 Posts
@ xdktc - go collect the pay you're owed and report back on what the heck is going on.

You should have no problem finding a new job. Good luck!

I've been following this thread out of surprise because when I ordered my skids, the phone was immediately picked up and had the skids in a few days shipped to PA. Was super impressed at the time.

· Registered
3,387 Posts
For reference: How Bankrupt Retailers Treat Customer Deposits

Worth a read, but the most important part is likely:

"Impact on Customers
When a retailer spirals into bankruptcy, all its assets are immediately frozen, which can leave millions of dollars in customer deposits on orders that were not yet completed and/or delivered to customers. Consumers who are owed refunds of their deposits have to get in line and compete with the retailer’s other creditors for any cash that is available. In many cases, however, there is nothing the consumer can do but accept the fact that they have lost all or most of their deposit paid to the bankrupt business.

Credit Cards Provide Safety Net
It is recommended that consumers pay deposits to retailers by using credit cards rather than by writing a check or paying cash. The Fair Credit Billing Act allows consumers to dispute charges with the credit card issuer for unshipped merchandise and have the charge removed from their account. To protect themselves from these chargebacks, credit card processors may reserve or withhold other funds due to the retailer."

· Registered
13 Posts
This is a bit lengthy so I will explain it the best I can the info might help you guys at the least give you a sense of where this is all heading.

Today 1/16 I was informed by a neighboring business in the complex that shrockworks occupies of some movement at the shop.
The complex landlord had his mangement company lock Jim the SW owner out of the building .

He arrived shortly afterwards with 2 18 wheeler flatbeds and broke into the building causing a good bit of damage to one of the large roll up bay doors.
I spoke with the owner of the complex and verified all of this info . The complex management company showed up and put a halt to any removal of items from the building until back rent can be satisfied to their liking giving him a chance to go and collect a certified check of the outstanding debt.

last i knew the landlord of the complex was waiting on the police to arrive that he had called 2 hours prior.

this is where my verified info ceases from this point all I have is a photo taken from a friend with the shops large cnc press brake loaded onto a flat bed trailer as it had been sold to another local company , I cant tell you if this was done to satisfy some debts but I would not hold my breath that this is the case for the sale of the machinery.

I will edit this from my cell with the photo in a moment.

all said and done be sure you've contacted the banks by now and seen what they can do. As others have pointed out once this hits bankruptcy filing there is nothing anyone can do.
Automotive parking light Sky Hood Car Vehicle

· Registered
2,828 Posts
@XDKTC I just read in another forum that SW put out a statement today saying they will still be doing some special orders, as well as completing the work for any current pieces on order or in progress. Can you confirm or deny this?

· Registered
13 Posts
@XDKTC I just read in another forum that SW put out a statement today saying they will still be doing some special orders, as well as completing the work for any current pieces on order or in progress. Can you confirm or deny this?
very doubtful considering the entire fabrication team was laid off he couldn't beg nor pay us enough to come back after that BS at least not those of us who've been there 16 years.

· Super Moderator
4,597 Posts
I just read in another forum that SW put out a statement today saying they will still be doing some special orders, as well as completing the work for any current pieces on order or in progress. Can you confirm or deny this?
There is no such announcement at shrockworks.com as of 10:30 a.m., CST 19 January 2023, nor is there anything on their Facebook page where the announcement of the business closing was posted on 14 January.

· Registered
1,974 Posts
MAYBE they've contacted those with orders, as no one else really matters. No need for a public announcement... its not like PR matters.

· Registered
13 Posts
MAYBE they've contacted those with orders, as no one else really matters. No need for a public announcement... its not like PR matters.
They have not.
They are already selling off equipment needed to fulfill orders ;)
SW at this point does not care about the money they owe customers for outstanding orders nor the money they owe to employees when laid off on 10th .
Today is a payroll day for SW and look at that zero zilch nada came thru on the money owed to employees.

but yes i also see ur sarcasm :)

81 - 100 of 105 Posts