Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

· TNX Veteran
4,947 Posts
They do things to keep costs down that might not be the best...but it fit well and I expanded it and added a tire carrier to it. Looks great.
Their rear bumper might not be the strongest (I don't have it) but their front has been nothing short of amazing. I originally bought it cus it looked very similar to the Shrockworks bumper but was cheaper and quicker.

It has lasted probably 50+ winch and recovery strap pulls, banging into rocks and trees, sliding against a Honda element in a parking lot and the powdercoat has held up really well even against the special chemicals they put on snowy mountain passes. I wouldn't hesitate to get it again if I was in the market for a plate bumper.

· Registered
13 Posts
In my limited experience, any type of civil recourse would cost way more in time and money then the $850 that I'd be trying to recover. Everyone is right that the best thing to do is to contact your bank and file a claim/dispute/chargeback. Don't wait for some official explanation or sob story. If Shrockworks had any integrity left they would have refunded all the outstanding orders before letting it get to this point.
best method is CC dispute/chargebacks

No one beat me up / flame me but I worked for shrockworks (welder/fabricator)
owner came in on tues 10th laid us all off why i have no clue to be honest
just as dumbfounded and shit outta luck as the customers. we're currently owed 7 days pay + 1 holiday day pay.

· Registered
2006 Xterra S M6 and 2010 Xterra Off Road
476 Posts
best method is CC dispute/chargebacks

No one beat me up / flame me but I worked for shrockworks (welder/fabricator)
owner came in on tues 10th laid us all off why i have no clue to be honest
just as dumbfounded and shit outta luck as the customers. we're currently owed 7 days pay + 1 holiday day pay.
best of luck to you finding a new role. If you’re as talented as guy that built my bumper you will hopefully find a job in no time. Best of luck again.

· Registered
2006 Xterra S M6 and 2010 Xterra Off Road
476 Posts
Their rear bumper might not be the strongest (I don't have it) but their front has been nothing short of amazing. I originally bought it cus it looked very similar to the Shrockworks bumper but was cheaper and quicker.

It has lasted probably 50+ winch and recovery strap pulls, banging into rocks and trees, sliding against a Honda element in a parking lot and the powdercoat has held up really well even against the special chemicals they put on snowy mountain passes. I wouldn't hesitate to get it again if I was in the market for a plate bumper.
rear bumper is super stout. There’s a write up on here for putting it together. Their frame mount plates could mimic factory more to pick up more bolts and make it easier to assemble. That guy commented on his write up on it and I agreed after building one. I trust it really doesn’t matter though

· Registered
13 Posts
best of luck to you finding a new role. If you’re as talented as guy that built my bumper you will hopefully find a job in no time. Best of luck again.
shoot me some pics of the welds on it and i can tell you if it was me :) LOL
only thing ive found within a 45min drive each way (out of the question)
is a job 12 miles away at a $2/hr paycut cause im not about to work 7 days 12h days eheh

XDKTC Photo Gallery click work if it looks anything like these welds it was me ;)

· Registered
84 Posts
When I was still shopping around for a rear bumper and sent Hardcore a few questions, Cory replied within 24 hours.

I sent Hefty Fabworks a few questions last night and Chris got back to me first thing this morning.
I had the same experience with Chris at Hefty Fabworks...when I had quesitons, his response was immediate. Super impressed with the build quality and their cusotmer service.

· Registered
13 Posts
This is a bit OT but I will post this here for the Xterra crowd . One of the toyota forum guys was looking for a replacement to the SW tire carrier latch .
eventually one of you xterra folks may be looking to replace a latch as well. Took me a day but I finally remembered the company we used for latches.

is the direct replacement latch for any shrockworks tire carriers made nissan/toyota ect.

· Registered
244 Posts
How many times do I have to say it…

ANYONE CAN MAKE AN EDIT ON GOOGLE.
It's showing as open as of now, they said the hours might differ on Martin Luther King day too.

Font Screenshot Parallel Web page Number

On a serious note though, you only really said/mentioned it once so maybe you should listen to your advice earlier and take a DEEP breath lol

· TNX Senior Administrator
ABQ, NM, USA
20,842 Posts
But this is a Shrockworks Thread, so it doesn't matter. Post away...

61 - 80 of 105 Posts