Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Did exactly that once I read the news. My dispute is currently in progress and I've submitted email evidence supporting my case and Shrocks lack of contact. My only potential issue is my card is with Wells Fargo and typically their max dispute time limit is 120 days and I'm beyond that. However a higher level rep was willing to help me get this resolved and push it through so fingers crossed.

Considering White Knuckle sliders now and maybe a Hefty Aluminum bumper in the future.
I was with Chase and ours was 60 days but they didn't even bat an eye or ask for information.

· TNX Veteran
4,947 Posts
Considering White Knuckle sliders now and maybe a Hefty Aluminum bumper in the future.
White Knuckle IMO makes the best Xterra sliders. Hardcore Offroad is a great alternative bumper as well, and their lead time is typically less than a month and been that way for YEARS. I got mine in 3 weeks.

· Registered
6 Posts
Did exactly that once I read the news. My dispute is currently in progress and I've submitted email evidence supporting my case and Shrocks lack of contact. My only potential issue is my card is with Wells Fargo and typically their max dispute time limit is 120 days and I'm beyond that. However a higher level rep was willing to help me get this resolved and push it through so fingers crossed.

I can vouch for the Hefty aluminum bumper. I absolutely love mine, and my MPG has even gone up since installing it.

· Premium Member
2,091 Posts
That's sad because Shrockworks looked respectable over the years. 4 months wait in 2016 was ok for me to wait on a front bumper, but since then wait times have gone up everywhere.
1 week overdue with PRG was too long for me, especially with zero communication, and the feedback they had.

Many things can effect a business, but there has to be communication with customers, ignoring customers is never ok.
I have seen a 30% increase in price in aluminum cost and I only get 250lb at a time at most (and Xterra roof can carry it short distance). Sometimes a business has to depend on other businesses, material supplies, and dominoes can fall even when it's not the one company's fault.

Xterra can get stuck in snow but when F250 gets stuck in snow, it's really stuck and it takes a lot more to get it out.

· Registered
2006 Off Road
116 Posts
This is actually great advice I'll keep in mind going forward.

But in Shrockworks' case they still wouldn't reply even if that was requested I bet.
Does anyone have an invoice from Shrockworks? If so, does the letterhead say Shrockworks Inc. or Co.? Just wondering if it was a company or just an owner. It would help to see what legal recourse you might have trying to get back your $$$$.

· Registered
88 Posts
Does anyone have an invoice from Shrockworks? If so, does the letterhead say Shrockworks Inc. or Co.? Just wondering if it was a company or just an owner. It would help to see what legal recourse you might have trying to get back your $$$$.
In my limited experience, any type of civil recourse would cost way more in time and money then the $850 that I'd be trying to recover. Everyone is right that the best thing to do is to contact your bank and file a claim/dispute/chargeback. Don't wait for some official explanation or sob story. If Shrockworks had any integrity left they would have refunded all the outstanding orders before letting it get to this point.

· Registered
155 Posts
White Knuckle IMO makes the best Xterra sliders. Hardcore Offroad is a great alternative bumper as well, and their lead time is typically less than a month and been that way for YEARS. I got mine in 3 weeks.
Thanks. I just looked at hardcoreoffroadpa.com and their rear bumper diy and already built prices aren't bad and look good. Nice to have another source to look to.

· Registered
2006 Xterra S M6 and 2010 Xterra Off Road
476 Posts
Thanks. I just looked at hardcoreoffroadpa.com and their rear bumper diy and already built prices aren't bad and look good. Nice to have another source to look to.

I bought their weld up kit for the rear. Fit well. They do things to keep costs down that might not be the best...but it fit well and I expanded it and added a tire carrier to it. Looks great.

I wish they did skids.

· Registered
88 Posts
When I was still shopping around for a rear bumper and sent Hardcore a few questions, Cory replied within 24 hours.

I sent Hefty Fabworks a few questions last night and Chris got back to me first thing this morning.

· Registered
2006 Xterra S M6 and 2010 Xterra Off Road
476 Posts
Oh man, I'm so glad to have received my bumper when I did Dec 2021 - Ordered in June 2021
...Just in time too it seems...
That's where I'm at. Ordered Oct 21, received March 22. I would have ordered the hardcore if I had thought through the wait. I hope those impacted can get some sort of money back

· Registered
8 Posts
You can dispute the charge on your CC

just gonna say it.....any company that just ghosts their customers for months at a time, then simply posts to their website that they have gone out of business, can suck it. These types of companies have become all too familiar with taking their customer's money and leaving ridiculously long lead times, but when things come to an end they just leave their loyal customers in the dark and vanish. F' them...if they don't refund every unfulfilled order 100%, PLUS INTEREST, can enjoy their failure.

· Registered
1,974 Posts
This is actually great advice I'll keep in mind going forward.

But in Shrockworks' case they still wouldn't reply even if that was requested I bet.
Right, but thats your cue to start the refund request, which will get their attention.
You then authorize another charge.

This. I could drive to shrock to get a sliders.... but I shipped in White Knuckle because of the design (aesthetics and mounting)
I have a Hardcore rear bumper and like it. I put up a bunch of pics here so people could see the structure under it. I think there were questions on strength/design of it, done to keep it on a budget. Not sure I'd tow a camper... but I have no problems with a 4wheeler or winching it.

The fronts looked a little edgy and big to me. More protection, less sleek. That's all just opinions and personal needs though.

· Registered
'06 Off Road & '11 Pro-4X
275 Posts
This. I could drive to shrock to get a sliders.... but I shipped in White Knuckle because of the design (aesthetics and mounting)
I have a Hardcore rear bumper and like it. I put up a bunch of pics here so people could see the structure under it. I think there were questions on strength/design of it, done to keep it on a budget. Not sure I'd tow a camper... but I have no problems with a 4wheeler or winching it.

The fronts looked a little edgy and big to me. More protection, less sleek. That's all just opinions and personal needs though.
Another H-town X in tha house!

It's a shame to see a local vendor, with a once solid reputation, crash & burn like this. Shrockworks is/was just a couple of miles off of my daily work commute. I am tempted to drive by just to see if the sign is still up and if there is any activity going on.

41 - 60 of 105 Posts