Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Try a credit card chargeback, or maybe the insurance/consumer protection. It's your best bet at this point.
Literally just got off the phone with my bank. Its no guarantee that I'll get it back since its pushing 120 days for the claim time limit but I have strong documentation of trying to get a hold of them over the entire period of time and the rep was willing to work through the details to help my case.

While I knew what I was getting into placing an order with them, I don't think anyone expected them to go belly up like this. I hope the owners of Shrockworks get no peace. While they were dodging my emails and calls over the months I still got their newsletters so they were still taking orders and peoples' money the entire time.

· Registered
87 Posts
If you put the charges on your credit card I would call your card services and dispute the charge. Tell them it is a custom item and you were quoted x-amount of time for lead time and that you have not heard anything from them after attempting to call and email. Don't tell them you heard the company went belly up.
Did exactly that once I read the news. My dispute is currently in progress and I've submitted email evidence supporting my case and Shrocks lack of contact. My only potential issue is my card is with Wells Fargo and typically their max dispute time limit is 120 days and I'm beyond that. However a higher level rep was willing to help me get this resolved and push it through so fingers crossed.

Considering White Knuckle sliders now and maybe a Hefty Aluminum bumper in the future.

· Registered
87 Posts
Does anyone have an invoice from Shrockworks? If so, does the letterhead say Shrockworks Inc. or Co.? Just wondering if it was a company or just an owner. It would help to see what legal recourse you might have trying to get back your $$$$.
In my limited experience, any type of civil recourse would cost way more in time and money then the $850 that I'd be trying to recover. Everyone is right that the best thing to do is to contact your bank and file a claim/dispute/chargeback. Don't wait for some official explanation or sob story. If Shrockworks had any integrity left they would have refunded all the outstanding orders before letting it get to this point.

· Registered
87 Posts
Thanks. I just looked at hardcoreoffroadpa.com and their rear bumper diy and already built prices aren't bad and look good. Nice to have another source to look to.
When I was still shopping around for a rear bumper and sent Hardcore a few questions, Cory replied within 24 hours.

I sent Hefty Fabworks a few questions last night and Chris got back to me first thing this morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts