Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
on line
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bumper is on...

While test fitting I did a quick measurement. I'm down to 34 inches ground to top of wheel arch-Stock OR suspension and tires. Bob and dive are tolerable. I'm leaving the winch off until I put more starch in the suspension.

I did a quick weight check on a truck scale before and after. The bumper, front skid and hardware added over 180lbs to my rig.

Make sure you get all the plastic brackets under the headlights and the front fender edges out of the way before fitting the bumper. I tried the angle iron method of grill retention but went back to the trimmed bumper piece because of squeaks. My bumper skin was pretty marred up anyway.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Good tips. Thanks for stopping by the scales too, I always wondered the exact numbers.

·
on line
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention a few tips:

When everything is off, this is the time to mask off and spray the fender ends with semi gloss black spray paint, particularly if you have a light colored truck, these are the parts that show from behind the bumper "wings". This is also the time to mobilize the wire for your factory fogs from the fender ends.

Easy way to get the bumper in place is to use two cinch straps through the hoops. slowly cinch the bumper up until the height is about right, then get a few of the bolts in, then level it via the jack method. I have a few hooks and loops in my garage ceiling fro hanging stuff like my (former) jeep top. The fit between the frame rails is tight, keeping the mounting brackets loose and slid forward will aid in getting the bumper worked in.

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Im new to all of this, so if these questions are plain stupid, just act as if they arent.

I have been contemplating adding a front and rear bumper from shrockworks. Is there a noticable difference in driving your Xterra after installing? I have an 06 4 by 4 Xterra, its an "X" series i guess is how youd say it. I have a long wish list of things id like to add to the truck, but i want to make sure i get all my questions answered and variables shown to me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts