Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
on line
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers: :bounce: :cheers:

WAHOOO!! I just ordered my Shrock stuff. 1 set of sliders and a full set of Skids.

Now I might just be able to attemp trails with Creek at the end of March.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
If you really want to keep that deadline, I would call them daily starting in March.

·
on line
15 Posts
I orderd mine just after thanksgiving, and they finally shipped yesterday, i clocked it in at roughly 11 weeks. So end of march, your really pushing it.

·
on line
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, maybe its wishfull thinking. They told me 6 weeks on the phone today. I'll just have to keep on em.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
Awesome man! Congrats!

·
on line
1,739 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
If you really want to keep that deadline, I would call them daily starting in March.
So soon? I'd guess April.

(11 weeks and counting on my rear bumper)

·
on line
14,014 Posts
You think why their stuff takes so long is due to slow shipping? I live about 2 1/2-3 hours away from Houston and when I order my next Shrock stuff I'll def be driving to pick it up and perhaps install it there, too.

Would that cut back any significant amount of time, or is it all in the fab-work time?

P.S. The next order will be for skids and sliders, perhaps rear tire carrier, too.

·
on line
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, The skid plates came in today!!!!! :headbang: :hello1: :rockin:

Now I just got to start painting. I was planning on using a basic rustoleum. Is this the best? Does anyone know of anything better? I figure they are just going to get beat up anyway!!!

I keep reading about rock washers. What are these things and where do you get them? I did a quick search on the www and didn't come up with much. If anyone could shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it.

Creek, are you still in ABQ the end of March?

Anyone else in ABQ up for a trail run at the end of march????? Old Navy? Rogue?

·
on line
2,004 Posts
where in NM? I might join. let me know on the developments. well I might as well join. need to do something around here

·
on line
1,054 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:

meh, let jim work his magic, i've been to his shop and i'll be the first to say, that place is BUSY. just kick back, drink a few brews and be patient about it. it's well worth the wait.

·
on line
432 Posts
Or! Buy one of those awesome rear tents for your X and a nice mattress and camp out in their parking lot.

·
on line
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll be sure and post a topic in the trail run section so maybe we can get a whole group together. This will be my first true trail run so I'm not familiar with the area but i have heard that Soccoro has trails for every skill level.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts