Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wonderful wife bought me a Shrockworks front bumper (Gen 2) for my 30th birthday. She got it on the group buy.

All of the pics on the Shrockworks website show what appear to be radiator and engine skids.

Does anybody have a picture of a Gen 2 X with a Shrock front bumper and NO skids?

Or do the skids come with the bumper?

Does it look stupid to have the bumper and no skids?

Thanks

·
on line
4,594 Posts
I wouldn't recommend running without even if you don't wheel - you don't want highway debris hitting your exposed radiator, much less to plow it into a snow bank.
The radiator skid provides additional support to the front bumper. Acting like a brace from lower frame to lower portion of the bumper.

·
on line
348 Posts
I have a better question. Why is your user name "BostonX" if you are from Weymouth?

·
on line
348 Posts
Weymouth is literally right outside of Boston. About 10-15 minutes.
Ha, yeah I know. I grew up and lived in W. Roxbury until 2 years ago. It always just drove me nuts when everyone told me that they are from Boston, when they lived somewhere else in MA. I couldn't resist saying something when I saw this post.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Thank you! While we're at it, C3po lives in Coolidge Corner, which is in Brookline, sir.

Meanwhile, being in JP, I am one of the very few living in Boston proper :)
Brookline is Boston's "6th" borough....you're right tho, Coolidge isn't Boston.

But I've lived in the Seaport district (literally in the marina), Back bay and Brighton. I eat, drink, work, and play in Boston everyday. Being that it takes me 10min to walk to Fenway and live off a T stop, the lines get blurred.

Oh yeah, and I've paid more parking tickets to Boston than I'd like to admit, but its enough to erect a bronze life size statue of me leaning next to the X holding a falcon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
on line
348 Posts
Being that it takes me 10min to walk to Fenway and live off a T stop, the lines get blurred.

Ha, the lines aren't blurred. If you call the police, brookline PD shows up. If someone in boston calls the police, the BPD show up. Can bostonians use brookline schools? no? guess the lines aren't so blurry to the school boards ;)

Oh yeah, and I've paid more parking tickets to Boston than I'd like to admit, but its enough to erect a bronze life size statue of me leaning next to the X holding a falcon.

If tickets allowed you to claim residency, then I could claim that I am from most towns I drove through as a college student.

·
Registered
499 Posts
You sir, have an AWESOME wife!

Well done!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts