Thank you for purchasing a ShrockWorks product. We are confident you will enjoy it for many years and find it to be superior in fit, quality and especially durability. If at any time during the installation you have any questions, please give us a call. We also welcome your feedback and suggestions via phone or email on all of our products.
Finishing bare steel Xterra & Frontier Engine Skid Plate 1. Paint or powder coat them before installing to prevent rust.
2. Clean them thoroughly with a solvent like acetone, prime then paint.
3. We recommend Dupli-Color brand Black primer and semi-gloss black paint. It is available at most auto parts store like AutoZone and Napa. Hammerite brand black paint is also an excellent choice. It is more of a dark grey color though.
4. Let the paint dry hard before attempting installation, usually overnight.
Installation – (Note: Wear eye protection during installation & Drilling):
1. Place Floor Jack under the center of the ShrockWorks Engine Skid Plate and roll it under engine and raise it into place, lining the center front holes of the skid plate up with front suspension cross member stock threaded holes. Fasten with M8
bolts and 5/16” washers and lock washers, installing ½” spacers between skid and cross member.
2. Raise the rear of the skid into place, lining the rear holes up with the stock threaded holes on the rear A-arm crossmember. Fasten with M8 bolts and 5/16” washers and lock washers. NOTE: If installing Shrockworks Transmission Skid Plate we suggest to mount the transmission skid closer to frame. However the skids can be mounted above or below the engine skid.
3. Center as needed, hand tighten the bolts, then use the forward outside holes in the skid plate as a guide to drill through the lower A-arm mounts. Fasten with 3/8” hardware.
Just to let you guys know with 07 model X's, the lights for the license plate are different from the 05 06 models. So the current plate that is fabricated that holds the lights wont work. If your bumper is in transit and you have a 07 you wont be able to get the light on.
I went to his shop...
Skids are done1 Pic one. More coming.
$489.00 for the set of four plates. 3/16" steel.
$98.00 - Engine/Oil Pan/Front Diff
129.00 - Transmission
$105.00 - Transfer Case
$197.00 - Gas Tank
We still need to do a Radiator/Front plate for those who dont want to get our front...
I could swear I once read that you can remove a winch from the bumper without taking the whole bumper off... I took a look and I don't see how it would fit but who knows. I hate taking the damn thing off just to get to the winch. Well as it turns out there is a way....read below, pictures for...
I've seen just a few photos of the dimpled straight sliders. Does anyone here have any good photos of their dimpled rock sliders from shrockworks. Also how well does the dimpled slider work as a step for getting in and out of a lifted rig?