Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before ordering my bumper I debated whether to get the full guard or prerunner hoop. I searched here and googled it and only found 2-3 pictures that were terrible and could barley make out the lines of the bumper and size of the hoop. etc. I ended up ordering it anywyS and hoped I wouldn't regret it.
Turns out I made the right choice (for me anyways, not necessarily everyone's cup of tea obviously). For those who are thinking about ordering a shrock an want to see pics of it before ordering hopefully this helps you decide if you want it or not.

Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for posting something that was actually needed, looks good. I was looking at the shrock pre-runner when I was in the market but like you said no pictures.
I basically just hoped for the best when I ordered it. Once it got close to bring delivered I got really nervous it would look terrible and I'd hate it. Luckily for me that wasn't the case.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Nice!
Any idea if they offer the option for getting the headlight loops with the prerunner style?

I spec'd it out on their website before and it looked like you couldnt combine the two, at least on the webpage, not sure if you asked Mark about the option though

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ok, perhaps a dumb question, but what is "Pre-Runner"? I always thought that referred to Toyota stuff.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great....I was hoping you said you wanted to trade with someone for the full guard. ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Haha no way! Personally I like this style a lot better plus not many people have it.

Prerunner has to do with high speed off-roading and this hoop is what's referred to as a prerunner hoop. A bigger hoop with more of a point is what's known as a stinger.
Toyota just calls the Tacoma a prerunner because it sounds cool. That's all
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how did the install go? looks good man!
Not too bad. The rear hole for the toe hook is muffed up and needs some love before that bolt goes in, everything else is good to go. That two hook hole was stripping threads off bolts so I'm not sure hot to handle that yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No idea if headlight hoops and can be combined. I'm sure shrock could work it out though.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Nice wheels/tires! I just put that combo on this weekend.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Not too bad. The rear hole for the toe hook is muffed up and needs some love before that bolt goes in, everything else is good to go. That two hook hole was stripping threads off bolts so I'm not sure hot to handle that yet.
Posted via Mobile Device
tap and die kit, had to do that on one of my frame horns.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts