Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I'm planning on finalizing my Shrock installations on a '09 Offroad with a purchase of their front and rear bumpers. Does anyone have a pic with a Shrock rear pumper with the factory receptacle installed? Their email reply stated the receptacle is located "on the bottom face of the bumper, pointing kinda down at about 45 deg". Any issues on the install or offroad clearance?
Also, I would appreciate any pro/con between the two rear bumber models. Leaning towards the straight bumber, as I worry about issues with the swing gate. Thanks.

·
on line
641 Posts
I already have the shrock front bumper, and I ordered a rear with tire carrier a couple of weeks ago.

Before my Xterra I had a Pathfinder for 14 years, and those came with a factory tire carrier (attached to the body, not the bumper). I figured that after 14 years of having a rear tire carrier I would be OK with putting one on my Xterra!

The only issue I ever had with the carrier on the Pathfinder was it getting hard to open due to the hinge pins rusting. My only concern about the Shrock tire carrier is that there is no mechanism to hold it in the open position, but people on here have said that isn't an issue.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The bracket for the trailer plug bolts to the left front leading edge of the bumper and will be out of the way. I have the model with the spare tire carrier and it is not a problem to use. You just need to make sure that you open it wide enough that you don't hit it with the hatch.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Does Shrock include a new plug bracket or is the stock one reused? Its not mounted in the same location as the stock bracket is it?

·
on line
610 Posts
I have the straight bumper, I didnt like the look of the tire carrier, just my personal preference. Also I have a body lift and spacer/shackle lift, with 285/75/16 BF Goodrich tires, full spare fits underneath, and the bumper comes with different higher mounting holes for the body lift, looks nice!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
396 Posts
if i were to get the straight bumber and wanted to later upgrade to the tire mount, is there a way i can modify the straight bumper to accomodate that hinge?

·
Registered
262 Posts
The spare tire mounts are welded to the bumper face. If you cannot afford to buy the complete assembly, you can check with Jim to see if he would sell you one with the mounts installed and buy the tire carrier when you have the money for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts