Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it to install the winch after you have the bumper on?

·
on line
48 Posts
mcampana said:
Do yourself a favor.........................dont find out what its like to add the winch after getting the bumper. Do it all at the same time.
We're not all rich like you. :laughing6:

·
on line
2,573 Posts
I did the Bumper before Winch route and it's a pain in the Butt if it's only You doing the work.

I had a floor jack to help lift the bumper w/ winch back up but the slope of the bumper made it a little difficult for the jack to hold it w/ out falling off.

I ended up stealing the Fork lift from the Engine shop and lifting it into place with that.

Do yourself a favor and do it all at once. No one likes to do things twice.

DaveP

·
on line
13,466 Posts
xterravt............you a rich ******* too?!

My winch didnt cost me that mcuh. it was 395 for a Ramsey 8500. I can tell any of you where to get it for that price if you want it.

And its all about saving your money and then spending it. I waited till i could do things right, the first time. After reading about everyones elses experiences ehre i new it was going to be a better idea to do it all at once.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks everyone. I am saving, so I will wait and get the winch at the same time.
Thanks,
Mike

·
on line
641 Posts
If at all possible, wait until you have the winch. If you don't you'll essentially have to redo the bumper install, and although it will be easier "the second time around", it will still take a while.

What you can do while you are waiting to have both the bumper and the winch is to remove your grille and front bumper plastic cover (see my how-to threads), so you know how to do it, and you can also make the 'bumper saver' ahead of time(again, see my how-to). You can also figure out how you are going to do the wiring for the winch, and if needed, buy any extra wiring & connectors.

Are you getting the bumper shipped directly to you, or going through NSOR?

·
on line
2,573 Posts
I guess I'm a rich Ass

I've just been saving my pennies since I got my 02 back in 02. Didn't have the guts to mod that X that much but when I got my 05 Look Out!

Doing both at once is just a suggestion to make it a little easier.

Later

DaveP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts