Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called up my dealer to change my oil and check my tires/rotate. They said I should get the 15k which is $299.99. The only thing worthy that he mentioned was balancing the tires.

So...What do you guys think? I would change my own oil and filter if I knew how to get rid of the old oil.

·
on line
335 Posts
what else is in that $300? its probably not worth it...and to get rid of the oil, most advance auto stores will take old oil

·
on line
259 Posts
I went to Jiffy Lube and got the "same" maintenance done for <$40. I also bought a K&N air filter and the in-cabin microfilter from www.xterraparts.com paid about $100 total. So ditch the dealer (IMO).

·
on line
1,320 Posts
most any auto part store will take your old oil.

Unless you've noticed vibration; your tires probably don't need balancing

Dealer=Waste of money

·
on line
6 Posts
I'll second the motion about the dealer being a waste of money. Took my X in over the weekend for a state inspection and the idiots banged the driver's door off the lift, left a nice 2" scratch in it. They tell me that they are going to repair it and make it worth my while, that's after they made me pay for the inspection.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
jm2321 said:
I'll second the motion about the dealer being a waste of money. Took my X in over the weekend for a state inspection and the idiots banged the driver's door off the lift, left a nice 2" scratch in it. They tell me that they are going to repair it and make it worth my while, that's after they made me pay for the inspection.
That sucks.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Rastaman said:
I went to Jiffy Lube and got the "same" maintenance done for <$40. I also bought a K&N air filter and the in-cabin microfilter from www.xterraparts.com paid about $100 total. So ditch the dealer (IMO).
Araaaaaaghhhhhhh. He said Jiffy Lube!!! For the extra $20 for just the oil change I'd take it to the dealer rather than trust the con artists at Jiffy Lube, I know around here they like to simply replace the filter and top up the oil with 1/2 quart and call it an oil change. Local TV even caught them doing it like 7 out of 10 times they took a car in to a Phoenix Metro Jiffy Lube.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts