Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want 285s. This guy is offering a set of 4 (mounted) for $200. I'm trying to get the price down as I don't want the wheels.

What do you think is a fair price for these tires? How many miles of tread do you guess is left on there?

A local scrap yard tells me the wheels alone are worth $40-$50 ($0.55/lb)

http://providence.craigslist.org/pts/4249684870.html

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Considering a single 285 Duratrac is over $200 on its down all things considered, four tires for $200 is a steal even without the rims. But you might be getting what you pay for and you'll have to replace them sooner rather than later since they're pre-worn, so you might end up spending more in the short term.

A few months ago there was a guy in Leominster selling a set of 17" Duratracs, no rims, for $250 and they were about half worn, so the pricing seems about right.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Check the numbers on the side for production date.... Might not last as long as you think.
^^^ This

Long ago, I bought some used tires with about 1/2 tread left. I didn't check the mfg date and just assumed they were about 1 - 2 years old. I put them on and found out really quick what it's like to drive on dry rotted tires... slip slidin' away.... Be careful what tires you buy. They're the only thing sticking you to the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts