Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was doing my Daystar lift, I used MC's process of pushing the spring down with a bottleneck jack. The driver's rear spring went right into the shackle with no issue.
The passenger rear however was a bit off. I was able to use a ratchet strap to pull it inward and get it into the shackle without much effort (maybe 1/4-1/8� inch out).
When I looked at the old shackle, It was slightly bent so that I couldn't get the outer plate back onto the bolts (I put them back together so I didn't loose anything). I didn't think much about it at the time since I pulled it at all types of crazy angles trying to get it out before finally disconnecting the last mount for the tailpipe (then it came right out :banghead:).

Driving around last night I heard some creaking and am pretty sure it came from that passenger rear spring. I didn't grease my shackles when I put them in (plan to get that done this weekend), so I didn't think much about until just now. Also, when out on the trail before (with the original shackles) I heard some creaking that I believe came from that side.

When I had the alignment done, I had only put the front spacers on (worried for time). I haven't been back since putting the rear shackles on; I hope to get that done this weekend as well.

It doesn't pull to either side and drives straight...
Should I be worried or am I just being paranoid?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Well i donno. how far off was it? I seriously doubt you have axle wrap already! My guess is that it is normal. When I did my shackles everything didnt line up perfectly, so odds are you should be okay. . . unless it was waaaay off, then you might have a problem.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
do you need to have the rear aligned if you do an AAL and/or shackles?

·
on line
552 Posts
I also have some creaking from the rear. I read somewhere that the rear suspension likes to make some noise. Is it a big deal? My suspension is also stock.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
not really a big deal, I believe there is a TSB about it. Mine squeaked like hell untill I switched to new leaf packs. Just soak them down in the squeaky spots with some WD 40 or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts