Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, guys, maybe we can get some measurements...

I'm curious who makes the shortest spacer. With the coil bucket contact being such an issue, I'd like to know who makes the shortest, off-the-shelf spacer. Anybody have measurements of how tall there Daystar, TGC, Calmini, or PRG (did I miss any?) actually is? Could be a useful resource maybe.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Well the smallest spacer is made from PRG.... Its not tecnically 'off the self' but he can custom make any size you want... and i dont believe it takes him that long to do so....

So Greg wins this battle. I think that all the other guys make only one size.

Oh,,, if you want to know who wins the BIGGEST spacer award.... its Calmini who makes a 4" spacer... actually the spacer itself is 4" so it is probably more like a 5-5.75" spacer.

·
on line
64 Posts
I bought a pair of those spacers off of ebay, consists of 2 round spacers and a metal tube in the middle, total height of 2.3 inchs.

I cut it down to just one of the round spacers (1/4") which I was able to put on top of the strut using the existing bolts.

1/4" spacer gave me 1/2" lift in the front, UCA's do not hit coil bucket,

any spacers larger than 1/4" and you are going to hit on wheel drop. Ok if you dont go on dirt roads, or over speed bumps, or run over paper cups.

At a traffic light today on my way home from work, I was next to a taco, he had spacers installed, no problems with the UCA, I thought to myself, God Nissan blew it.

~Lewis

·
on line
3,262 Posts
:tard: Im confused.... why did nissan blow it? and how do you know that the taco had no problems just because you were sitting next to him at a light... Plus there are many people here running spacers that have no coilbucket contact at all.

Plus what are you going to do with .5" of lift???

come on man you have to be a little more clear than that.... you have me really confused...

·
on line
1,320 Posts
nissan blew it with there uca placement... the tacoma/fj's uca fits around the coilbucket so on dropp it does just that, droop and doesn't get stopped by the cb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts