Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
on line
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done the searches on all the sites I can think of, and it seems that there are quite a few of us Manual shifter guys out there that want a more accurate/shorter throw, and no one makes one...

I called Stillen today, they basically said if there is enough interest, they will build it... so, uh, folks, I really, really want one, so either call Stillen, send them an email, or post it up so we can get this made. And if you know of other X/Fronty sites, lets get them in on it as well. I gave Stillen some sites to look at, hopefully they will do some good searches and get it going.
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

My reasoning is I think the stock shifter is extremely inaccurate and I would really prefer a precise shifter before I go off-roading/power shifting so I can save my tranny some grief.

Come on Manual X'rs!!!

·
on line
1,716 Posts
Yes please! lets get a running list of people.

***Edit***
I'll post this over on clubfrontier. linky

Looks like 12 from CluFrontier and 10 on Thenewx Keep it coming...

Clubfrontier

Mustard 23
JLG Test Eng ?
Red Alert
808 Chaney
XE Frontier 05
MikeSF
MaQAtak
Aussie Frontier
HKYStormFront
Shinermiller
JWilson315
ATVDevil250

Thenewx

boholio
Lonesome Crow
Robnfl
Hmpitags2006
bmaloney
X_Ego
matrix 12480
XVteR
Shoe Pisser
Oregon X

·
on line
564 Posts
I might be interested if it ends up being a true short throw, and not just a shortened shifter handle.

Rob

·
on line
48 Posts
robnfl said:
I might be interested if it ends up being a true short throw, and not just a shortened shifter handle.
Werd

·
on line
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to clear it up, for those who have never used a true short throw(precision) shifter, getting a shorter throwing distance is only half the benefit, it dramatically reduces the possibility of missing gears and creates a much better path from gear to gear. I can honestly say, I have never had one in a truck/SUV, only sports cars, but I always wished someone would have made one for the last GEN X(the throw/stick was huge), but now with the 6spd, more power, I gotta have it!

·
on line
1,667 Posts
count me in, but depends on price.

i think i had asked this question before but is the shifter ball a 10mm thread?

·
on line
631 Posts
boholio said:
....I can honestly say, I have never had one in a truck/SUV, only sports cars....
I made one for my 95 s10... but those are easy to make. they only had the short throws from 96-newer s10 which sucked.

a short throw on a X/fronty.... now that would be nice! too bad i drive an auto :bounce:

·
on line
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have had a few people ask who at Stillen they could contact to request the part and who I talked with.

Kyle Millen - [email protected]

I think he frequents the Titan boards and even www.clubfrontier.org . I spoke with him this morning, he said the idea has been being tossed around there and with everyone posting, it is getting good attention paid to it.

Thanks again to everyone, I know I am a selfish mother as this is solely so I can get a good shifter in my X... :compress: ... j/k, I want you all to have one too!

Keep the requests coming!

·
on line
18 Posts
Depending on how much it cost and what mods are involved, I might be interested. I agree that the shifter isn't precise, but not so much that I'll pay $300 to replace it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts