Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if anyone has used the PRG 3" spacer. Does it cause more, or more harsh contact with the spring bucket?

I realize that if I lift it with spacers, and with out TC UCAs , and Radflos I will have some contact. Just curious if the 3" spacer is noticably worse then a 2 or 2.5" spacer.

Conversly, in the rear to equal a 3" spacer, should I do shackle and AAL? do AALs ride stiffer then the OEM units?

·
on line
589 Posts
The taller the spacer, the harder and the worse the contact will be with the spring bucket. So you know, if you do use a spacer, you will be getting a 'lift' but all you are doing is taking away travel. Even going over a speed bump you would hear the massive 'clunk' of the UCA hitting the bucket, least of all the issues you could run into when going off-road.

To equal a 3" front lift, I have found that an AAL and Shackle combo is necessary. If you do an AAL, I recommend the Calmini because they have different lengths on their leaf springs, which then can be interspersed. The shackle, I would recommend away from Calmini because they make Aluminum ones...which in my book isn't the best.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Spacer size depends on vehicle... if you have 4wd the 3" spacer will be terrible and a good vendor shouldn't even sell it to you... if it's 2wd then you'll be fine --you may have some contact but only what is comparable to a 4wd with 2" spacer.
For the rear... Erick is right an AAL+shackle will be best for that amount of lift. However the AAL will make the ride more harsh but the Deaver mini-pack from www.PRGproducts.com uses a more progressive spring rate and will not be as bad as others.

·
on line
134 Posts
Has anyone actually used the Deavers? I was looking at them as an option awhile back. Cheaper than Alcans but I have no experience with the mini-packs.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
BioMan said:
Has anyone actually used the Deavers? I was looking at them as an option awhile back. Cheaper than Alcans but I have no experience with the mini-packs.
IMO: I rather purchase the alcan's with the military style wraps on the end.

·
on line
589 Posts
Are the Deavers sized differently so they can be interspersed or do they just get thrown on the bottom of the pack?

·
on line
238 Posts
Lifeinthesouth is correct. The Deaver mini pack replaces the overload leaf. It consists of two leafs of different lengths, so it won't be as harsh as a single AAL. I have a set of Deavers in my garage awaiting installation along with the Radflo coilovers that do not require the TC UCA. The coilovers provide ~2" as set by Greg (he said they can do more though) and the Deavers will be 1.5"-2".

Dan

·
on line
589 Posts
I just curious, I have the Calmini which is two different leafs that are set according to length interspersed in the leaf pack. Seemed like a nice setup, and I would only change it for a full new pack (like alcan).

·
on line
47 Posts
Erick said:
I just curious, I have the Calmini which is two different leafs that are set according to length interspersed in the leaf pack. Seemed like a nice setup, and I would only change it for a full new pack (like alcan).
I say keep it. Some nice guy bought that for you anyways... :compress:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts