Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here fishing in hawaii, when fishing off cliffs with head on winds and waves, a constant salt spray is most likely every set of waves could be every 20 sec to every 5 secs. After a 2-3 day camp trip there is usually a 1/8th inch of salt on my truck. Any one run shock soxs?? Any recommendatios?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Any recommendatios?
That's a lot of salt my friend ... worrying about the shocks in a situation like that seems (to me, at least) like trying to put a Band-Aid on an arterial bleeder. Is there no way to park even just a bit more inland and walk an extra couple hundred yards? Seems like that'd be your best bet ...

Aside from that, from what I understand, an added danger of things like shock boots & socks is that they can actually trap bad stuff (dirt/grit/sand/salt/etc) up against your shock shafts and springs, making them wear/corrode faster ... so caveat emptor. Have you talked to folks who have used this product with good success, and are not just parroting the product marketing hype back to you?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the beauty of the spots, we can 4x4 all the way to our camping grounds with 500lbs of fishing gear. ( fishing for giant trevally) if i wanted to hike in i would pack lighter. I kno i ciould probably just cover them but atleast it will protect some what for the 3 days and asoon as i get home id wash them down with saltaway. So yah im asking if any1 used them before, not what i should do to prevent to use these.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
462 Posts
Pro4xterra808,

Kaena Waianae or Mokuleia? Or Kahuku or Kalaeloa? Been a while for me but maybe one day I'll come get my X salty with you if you ever need partner. My Jeff Andrews and Newells have a coat of dust since the birth of my daughter but are dying to get out.

I really think its unavoidable if you are an ulua hunter. Mokuleia got the better of my Gen1 Frontier at of all places the cab brake light.

People used to always tell me Corrosion X on the bare metals regularly. Check their line of products. Be aware of all bare metal areas on the X and take action.

Shock boots, nah just an excuse to buy newer, cooler shocks

DaPir8

1 - 6 of 6 Posts