Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was so funny to see all the sales guys' faces when I pulled into the lot today to have my hitch recall taken care of. Guess they were all new to the term "mods". Then the service chick taking in my X was asking me what happened to my old bumper, hard for her to believe I got a new one just 'cuz. I just felt so special.

Any of you guys shared this experience?

·
on line
10,133 Posts
yeah...my good friend is the financing guy at the dealership i bought mine from. I called him the other day to say what's up and he asked about my truck. I told him it was done for now, and he said i should stop by. I've never seen as many heads snap around as when i drove onto the lot. EVERYONE in the dealership was outside in a matter of seconds looking at my rig.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
yeah, about a week ago, was just going to the parts department, pulled in and people started turning

·
on line
2,070 Posts
I pulled into a ford dealership looking for a car this last
weekend. I ts for my step sister due she wrecked her Sunfire.
They ford guys were going crazy over the X and even calling
out to the mechanics over the PA to look at it. I went to the nissan
dealership i pulled right in front of the the show room window.
Not one salesman talked to me i had to go in and personally ask for a sales person. He didn't even ask about the X or any1 else =(
________
Nr500

·
on line
443 Posts
I havent done much to my X, but when I take one of my SVX's over the the subaru dealer I get lots of looks and questions...and i havent done anything you can see to those cars either, they are just cool looking

·
on line
853 Posts
Happens to me all the time, and I don't even have aftermarket bumpers. I have all of my service done at the dealership I bought it from. The service writers off-road, so they are not surprised, but the reaction of the sales people is always fun to watch.

The first time I had it in there for an oil change after putting on the skids, they had it up on the lift and some guy came out from the back, took one look at the armor, and said "holy moly!".

I stopped by there a while back to get something from the Parts department and parked in the visitor parking area. They have a new salesman, a kind of obnoxious, pushy guy named Abdul. He came up and tried to make a wise crack about being "ready to go" (whatever that meant). He had seen my (poser) shovel on the Yak rack, and was pointing at it. I looked at him and said something about never knowing when I might need to bury something, might have mentioned it had something to do with my Italian background. He never approaches me anymore.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
funny, i get the opposite reaction, i pulled into the same dealership twice in the past week, parked directly in front of the windows for all to see and no a single person gave more than a quick glance....i was highly depressed...

·
on line
628 Posts
willgr1 said:
funny, i get the opposite reaction, i pulled into the same dealership twice in the past week, parked directly in front of the windows for all to see and no a single person gave more than a quick glance....i was highly depressed...
Don't feel bad, I don't get any reaction around here either, not even from my future father-in-law, who is the salesman that sold me the Xterra. All he talks about is the Rogue, I don't know why, he drives a late '90s Pathfinder. As a matter of fact, as many Xterras that are on the roads around here, they keep them all on the back of the lot, and they don't keep many on hand.

·
on line
807 Posts
The Nissan dealership closest to me only has 2 Frontiers 3 or 4 Xterrras, and not a single Titan.... I guess they aren't truck people. When I pull in I get nada, then again, visually mine doesn't look too totally different than stock.

·
on line
316 Posts
I haven't been to a stealership with mine yet. Waiting to get my wheels and tires done before I go to the parts department for some stuff. Hoping to get a few looks seeing as though out of the billions (well not quite that many) of 2nd gen X's around colorado, im one of the few thats lifted and has some stuff done to it.

I will say this though. I was going into king soopers today and I happened to park next to a newer OFF ROAD edition. Well the owner was just coming back and stopped about 5 feet before the rear bumper. He quickly looks back and forth between the 2 and says "What package do you have on yours?" I told him it was the S and he was like "Why is yours so much taller looking than mine?" I just looked at him like 'are you friggin serious?' and I told him it was lifted. He automatically was said "They sell lift kits for these!?" I nodded and he got this flabergasted look on his face and got in his truck, still looking at the height difference. Made me laugh.

·
on line
623 Posts
I get a few glances here and there from the service staff. but for a yellow X, it seems that kids LOVE that color. they're always tugging at their parents and pointing at my car. btw, my daughter loved the yellow, so i decided to go for it :cheers:
________
Nexium Attorney

·
on line
750 Posts
TXterra37 said:
I got another compliment from the car wash guy, but he called it a Jeep. A JEEP! I was like, no no no, it's an Xterra.
Well I hope you bitch-slapped him to the ground for that. lol

There are lots of X's in Flagstaff but I have not seen any lifted yet. When my Shrock goes on in a few weeks, it will likely get more attention so to speak. Right now, it's drawing stares from the huuuge Toyota crowd here because it's about 2" higher than the new TRD Tacomas and way taller than the hundreds of older Toy trucks around here.

·
on line
371 Posts
I get looks all of the time. The lift and large tires look cool, but with all of the lights, antennas, and other misc hardware on top of and around my truck for the fire departments I work for, people always have questions. Plus I have all of my storm-chasing hardware that mounts on top during tornado season. It makes for a pretty bad-ass looking rig.

I'll post some photos when it gets a little warmer and I can get her cleaned up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts