Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got new shocks for my '07 SE 2wd. The old Bilsteins had almost 80k on them. To save a few bucks I went with KYBs. I have used KYBs in the past on different cars and liked them. Their quality is much better than typical Monroes and what not. I wouldn't recommend KYBs on our trucks. They seem to be pretty stiff, stiffer than Bilsteins and don't ride as well as the Bilsteins. They feel more like a sports car shock. I tried to save money and it bit me in the arse. Lesson learned. Hopefully they will soften a bit with age.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Thank you for sharing.

Did you install the KYB ExcelG or the Gas-A-Just?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Any chance of a swap out for the "gas a just?"
Re unsatisfied customer?
Product did not match advertisement

Never hurts to ask

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any chance of a swap out for the "gas a just?"
Re unsatisfied customer?
Product did not match advertisement

Never hurts to ask
Not going to worry about it at this point. My truck needs so much work that will be done once my tax return comes. The whole front end needs to be redone:tie rods, ball joints, bushings, probably springs too. The rear leafs need to be changed too. Between the rear leafs being badly worn, 220,000 miles, and the stiff shocks the rear feels like a mini truck low rider...lol. I really need a new truck but it still runs good and my son is in college so I/m trying to wait til he is done with school.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I totally understand your situation.
My daughter keeps reminding me she will be 15 yrs old in a couple more months.
She was expensive enough before she could drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts