Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
on line
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Jim, I can swallow the price increases and everyone agrees that you make an exceptinal product but you have got to get on top of your quoted shipping times. I ordered a pair of your Sliders and was told that they would ship in 3 to 4 week. That was eight weeks ago. This seems a little excessive, even for a product in great demand. I have to say that I a m more than a little dissappointed

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I feel your pain man, but you got to hang in there it is worth the wait.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Just keep on waiting. I think i have both the records for longest and shortest waiting times on jims products. Try 11 weeks 4 days..... That is one hell of a wait for a front bumper. But luckily i was out of the country for two months of it (8 weeks) so it didnt seem quite as long. Also i only had to wait 10 minutes for sliders (he had a pair that were returned to him and were a little scratched up)

WELL WORTH THE WAIT!!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Hey Sextera I have ya beat on the longest, 3months plus on the front. Is there a prize? I can't top that shortest at all, so you got that one.
Yea I agree some sort of auto e mail each time your order goes to another phase would be good. "We purchased 100% made in America virgin steel and your bumper will be cut from flat steel on dadadadadaada." "We have cut your bumper it is in LOT # dada and we will weld it together on dadadadadaadada." Then announce here, All bumpers from Lot number dada go to powdercoat on dadadadaddadaada." Then e mail personal. "YOUR bumper has shipped and here is your frigging tracking number, be home to receive it or someone from XOC will intercept it and you will have to return to the end of the line!"
Or something like that, wondering where it is in production sucks but I am sure we don't realize all the aspects of what it takes to get one out.
MC

·
on line
2,459 Posts
It can be a long waiting game. Try calling him and see what he has to say, that's the best way to get a hold of him.

Oh, and for you guys that have waited 3 months...a guy in our club waiting (I think) nearly a year for his rear bumper.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Guys try not to be to hard on Jim. Remember that his shop is very small and he DOES NOT just make stuff for the X. He makes a lot of stuff for a lot of other vehicles so if there is a longer wait then what he estimated at time of order placement then just call him and ask him for another update. Oh yeah, Sexterra you can't count that technically since you live right there in Houston as well. I plan on doing the same with both bumpers and skids is going down to the shop. Just messing with ya man.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Oh no no, not being hard on Shrock... we all know what a fine product it is. Also, in the end, we all accept the wait and know it's well worth it.
But, I gotta say... it is a painful wait! Lol.
________
Uggs

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
The long wait is one of the prime reasons for the price increase. That money is going into hiring more people.

I know waiting sucks. I hate it too, and believe me, answering the phone calls all day is no fun at all either.

I will get this fixed. I do not consider it acceptable. In the mean time, thank you all for you patience and support.

Jim

·
on line
1,732 Posts
Jim just wondering I placed my order I think either day b4 or after Turkeyday I received a e-mail stating it was processed .Does that mean Shipped or just Processed ?? If not shipped will I get it b4 New year! THX MAN LOOKING FOREWARD TO GETTING IT !
Rick Ostrowski

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Jim,
I'll be down there to work as soon as you need an engineer!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I tried to get him to move to Ohio, smack in the middle of the steel belt, plenty of steel, cutters, welders, rollers, coaters. But I think he is chicken of the snow and cold. Worth the wait anyways, no matter how long. But if it was shorter :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

MC

·
on line
1,732 Posts
syndicate said:
You might want to try calling.
I have AND still waiting for a reply !!! also to the 3-4 emails Ive sent !! :sad11:

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Maybe you better check the number, He answers like 3rd ring last 11 months that I know of. And if call waiting beeps he answers that and comes right back, not like Jim to miss a call. He is seriously stressed about getting stuff out sooner but due to the cost of the machine's he must rely on outside shops to do the cutting, it's beyond his control.
It's like an assembly line, you can't install a wheel if the axle is not on yet.

You will get an email that gives you a tracking number. It comes from Fed ex. Mine went into Junk mail I had to check there because I have filters on my e mail.

Remember, they made Yugo's fast.
Think Shrockworks, think fine, think wine...and man I am glad they are already Mine!

The end:
MC

·
on line
236 Posts
bigboyindiego said:
syndicate said:
You might want to try calling.
I have AND still waiting for a reply !!! also to the 3-4 emails Ive sent !! :sad11:
i sent him a email last week and never got a reply... :scratch:

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
bigboyindiego,

All of or products are custom made to order. I apologize that wasnt made clear to you. Your order is on schedule to ship about 4 weeks from order date.

It went to the powder coater yesterday. It will ship next week and should arrive around Jan 2. We will send a FedEx tracking number when it ships.

I also apoligize for the slow response time. We get overwhelmed this time of year. If you are able to call during business hours (7am - 7PM CST) you should always get someone on the phone. Usually me.

Regards,
Jim

·
on line
2,938 Posts
My father just ordered my X-mas Gas Skid yesterday. He was suppost to order it a month ago. He ordered it for my wife to give to me for X-mas.

Oh well. As long as I have it for 2/10.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts