Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am torn between the two, trying to figure out what the shipping costs will end up being.

People with Shrock or Hefty stuff, how bad did you get hit by customs? Is one going to end up being cheaper?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Hefty all the way man!!...half the wait time, and the option to only pay half now, and the other half b4 it ships. With shrock u pay 100% upfront, and genersly wait 6 months!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not so much my concern as cross border shipping.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Both will end up the same in shipping once you get it

Id wait for a Shrock. I've seen both in person and I believe Shrock is worth the wait

Order now and get it next fall lol

If you want one quick id order a hefty trough nisstec.

Either way from a shipping point of view your gonna pay a ton. Get it shipped to Montana and run down and get it. That will save you a couple hundred

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yeh get a hefty mal!

·
Registered
550 Posts
There's a friend of dad's who charges you I think like 10 or 20 bucks to get a shipment held for pickup at his house (he lives just across the border from kaslo or wherever that crossing is.) if you want dad's email just hit me up on facebook.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
what about a maxterra bumper? really nice craftsmanship and a fraction of the lead time then shrock as well. send him a pm and he will send you his brochure with details and prices

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By the way everyone, I am looking at sliders and some skids, not a bumper. I also have a Frontier, so yeah.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Shipping cost is based on weight and distance and location. Shrock is coming from Houston, Hefty from Colorado. Which is closer and or more directly connected to Edmonton? Probably Hefty... expect it to be cheaper to ship from there. Assuming the weights are the same.

Due to NAFTA, you will not need to pay any duty on these items if the manufacturer states they are 100% made in USA ( or Mexico, same thing right comrades?)

You will need to pay a brokerage fee, I use Jori International and paid what I believe is a reasonable brokerage fee for my Xoskel sliders ($65), as opposed to paying UPS or Fedex calculated fees. You can get a quote from their webpage.

You will pay GST, 5% of the purchase.

I used Conway Freight to deliver from Xoskel (new Mexico or someplace), they brought it right to the door and loaded it into the garage.

Using a freight forwarder in Montana is only reasonable if you happen to be going to Montana anyway, IMO. Time and fuel from Edmonton is going to erase any savings.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts