Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I ordered a front bumper October 13, paid and didn't hear anything after that.

I contacted Hefty via email on January 13, looking for an estimated shipping date. I also mentioned I still owe $170 for international shipping, and I'm ready for that invoice to be sent at any time. I got a reply saying my bumper was ready to ship, and they'd send me that invoice asap. I said thanks and waited...

And waited...

I contacted them again January 25, inquiring about my order. This time Chris said the problem was brokering the international shipment. I said I'd self-broker it, and asked for him to send the paperwork. He said will do, and I waited...

And waited...

Finally I emailed him again Feb 8 asking WTF is going on, and I've yet to get a reply.

Has anyone else had trouble with shipping from Hefty lately? I don't see how getting a bumper ready to ship is a month long process. I still have time to file a PayPal dispute, but I really hope that isn't necessary.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I was going to place an order for a Hefty bumper last year. Emailed Chris a couple times because I had a couple questions about the bumper. Didn't seem like he was interested helping me. So I took my business elsewhere (Hardcore) and never looked back. Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread. Just want to share my experience with them.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I had the same problem when I ordered my front bumper and sliders back in October of 2014. I've got emails stating that my stuff was back from the powder coater in mid September and from there, emails stating they would be shipping "tomorrow" all the way up until November 4th when they actually shipped.

·
TNX Veteran & LPM
7,842 Posts
Shrockworks also played that game with me. Shipped it about a month and a half after they said "it's being powder coated and it would be shipped by the end of the week". I understand it takes time, but fabricators don't have to flat out lie to us. Just be honest. Even if the truth sucks, it's better than being lied to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Took delivery of sliders in Dec after they were ordered in late Oct. No problems at all. I understand they are moving into a larger building, so maybe there is a hangup in that causing issues with delivery.

·
Premium Member
9,952 Posts
They did that to me too when I ordered my skids from them. My 3-4 week lead time was actually 12 weeks iirc. Twice they said they were done and would ship on Friday. Twice weeks went by after they said they would ship with no notification.

One thing I didn't have any trouble with was response time to phone calls or emails. They always got back to me very quickly.

I honestly believe they were super busy and possibly overwhelmed. I believe they actually thought they would ship when they told me they would. They were just wrong.

For me it was worth the wait. I would buy from them all over again, I'd just be prepared for it to take 3x the time they quoted. If faster, great!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I'm surprised at this coming from Chris. Maybe its worth the call and voicemail providing a deadline for a shipping invoice and after that date you'll be disputing the transaction. I had a great experience with him on my rear bumper, when I left a message he usually got back to me within two hours. He is very quick at responding to emails too.

Good luck, unfortunately I would say you are not in the norm.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I ordered some skids from them several months ago, and when I called to see if they were shipped I was told they will be shipping withing a week. Well a few hours after that phone call the skids showed up at my dock.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I also haven't had issues with Hefty. I ordered my skids from XterraPerformance when they were transitioning to Nisstec and my order was lost in the fray. When Chris and Chris found out about it, they were able to get my skids PC'd and sent out in less than a week.

·
TNX Senior Member
525 Posts
Sorry to hear your troubles. I ordered skids and sliders from hefty and they were ready for pick up in less then two months. They seemed like nice guys who know their stuff. Good luck with your troubles.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Shrockworks also played that game with me. Shipped it about a month and a half after they said "it's being powder coated and it would be shipped by the end of the week". I understand it takes time, but fabricators don't have to flat out lie to us. Just be honest. Even if the truth sucks, it's better than being lied to.
That's normal behaviour for shrock, my sliders were shipping "next week" for two months.

·
Super Moderator
4,293 Posts
I have had good experiences in all of my direct dealings with Hefty. When I ordered my sliders in 2013 they arrived when promised. I ordered steel radiator and engine skids in 2014 and they also arrived when promised. Communication with Chris, the owner, was excellent.

The only wrinkle was my order for Hefty aluminum transmission, transfer case and fuel tank skids in June 2015 through Xterra Performance (whose price couldn't be beat). That order got messed up in the Xterra Performance merger with Nisstec and did not ship when promised. I let Dan Grooters handle it because payment had been made to him and he promptly resolved the situation. My order arrived approximately two weeks after the date originally promised.

I would not hesitate to do business with Chris at Hefty Fabworks. (I also would not hesitate to do business with Dan Grooters of Xterra Performance.)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
That's normal behaviour for shrock, my sliders were shipping "next week" for two months.
This starts a little bit of rant, sorry. People will sit and support companies like Shrock (this rant is not directed at you @mtaylor) that openly have horrible lead times and won't communicate with the seller, but they produce "quality" products. Why will someone sit and wait for months for their bumper, without status updates? Yet, when they order some suspension and have to wait a few weeks and don't hear from the vendor, they immediately throw that vendor under the bus? Nissan aftermarket consumers have a lopsided view of things. Why support, and even condone the actions of companies like Shrock or InSain or P&P (yes, InSain and P&P are four letter words around here, but they still have their supporters)? Why are these companies allowed to act like this, but we rake Nisstec or PRG or XP over the coals every time there's an issue with an order? :angry5:

/rant/

·
TNX Veteran & LPM
7,842 Posts
It seems most shops that offer custom Xterra items all have issues. I was just thinking of that last night. Whether it be they lie or things take forever or they don't fit well or they don't get back to you. I don't see Jeep guys having these issues. Why us? Do people just not care about the X's or is this how the world is turning now-a-days?

·
Registered
450 Posts
It seems most shops that offer custom Xterra items all have issues. I was just thinking of that last night. Whether it be they lie or things take forever or they don't fit well or they don't get back to you. I don't see Jeep guys having these issues. Why us? Do people just not care about the X's or is this how the world is turning now-a-days?
If you pull crap like that in the Jeep market, you go out of buisness due to the amount of competition. In the Xterra market, you can count the amount of aftermarket companies on two hands.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts