Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

What is the correct placement of the shim with the AAL install? Fat end forward between the axle and top leaf? Just double checking because i remember reading this, but now i can't find it again.

Thanks.

btw, got my rock sliders and skids from Shrockworks all installed this weekend and now working on the lift. I'm stoked. It's like my birthday, early.

Z.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
According to 4x4 parts you should just know this information. What happened to customer service. Calimini is just as bad.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
USMC XTERRA said:
:laughing6: I'll bite my tounge on this one! KOKOPOP! LOL MC
Although I could not agree more!
I now just wait for the MC instruction packet.

·
on line
259 Posts
Since we are here: Does anyone know the size of the OEM U-bolt on our rear springs? I just got an AAL and will VERY likely need new ubolts about 3/4 in longer.

Thanks

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Rastaman said:
Since we are here: Does anyone know the size of the OEM U-bolt on our rear springs? I just got an AAL and will VERY likely need new ubolts about 3/4 in longer.

Thanks
If they don't come with the kit, I'm amazed. If you do need them, any good spring shop can make you up a set locally. Small charge, you will still have your old ones, measure good, no refunds is normal. MC

·
on line
259 Posts
close, its an FJ-70 sold in LatAm and Australia. My X is just stock so its not worth displaying a picture you can find in nissan.com...

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Rastaman said:
close, its an FJ-70 sold in LatAm and Australia. My X is just stock so its not worth displaying a picture you can find in nissan.com...
I recent that :bounce:

JK :geek:

·
on line
54 Posts
Rastaman said:

Thanks
The specs on the U-Bolts Calmini sends with their AAL are L190mmxW80mmx1/2in.

I haven't installed them yet, but I think they will be a little long and need to be cut.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
gonecritical said:
Rastaman said:

Thanks
The specs on the U-Bolts Calmini sends with their AAL are L190mmxW80mmx1/2in.

I haven't installed them yet, but I think they will be a little long and need to be cut.
Yes, the Ubolts that Calmini sends are very long. The lock washers they send are also crap so don't bother putting them on. Go to the hardware store and get yourself some good lock washers.

·
on line
259 Posts
USMC XTERRA said:
Rastaman said:

Thanks
If they don't come with the kit, I'm amazed. If you do need them, any good spring shop can make you up a set locally. Small charge, you will still have your old ones, measure good, no refunds is normal. MC
I just got some AAL on eBay, they were in a pre-runner or something, but they fit. I just want to keep the rear from riding so low when taking all my toys and bottoming out so often. I stopped by the local stealership to ask some questions. The guy in charge of receiving the cars (first costumer interaction) was a TOTAL A$$ H*(^&!!!! He was like "are you the original owner?" "What is it that you want?" How can they be so stupid?? Anyway one of the REAL mechanics came out and helped me a bunch, gave me many suggestions and ideas. Sorry for the rant, but I had to get it out of my chest.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Rastaman said:
USMC XTERRA said:
Rastaman said:

Thanks
I just got some AAL on eBay, they were in a pre-runner or something, but they fit. I just want to keep the rear from riding so low when taking all my toys and bottoming out so often. I stopped by the local stealership to ask some questions. The guy in charge of receiving the cars (first costumer interaction) was a TOTAL A$$ H*(^&!!!! He was like "are you the original owner?" "What is it that you want?" How can they be so stupid?? Anyway one of the REAL mechanics came out and helped me a bunch, gave me many suggestions and ideas. Sorry for the rant, but I had to get it out of my chest.

Wow that sucks! I love my dealership they are realy nice guys.

you should consider getting some timbrens, lots of people already have them and they are getting great reviews

·
on line
259 Posts
BGXterra said:

you should consider getting some timbrens, lots of people already have them and they are getting great reviews
I though about timbrens too. I'll try this fisrt and see what happens.

·
on line
54 Posts
Rastaman said:
BGXterra said:

I though about timbrens too. I'll try this fisrt and see what happens.
You should definitely go with Timbrens. I'm putting on AALs for the same reason, but I put rear Timbrens on first and I'm not really sure I need the AALs at all. I've driven all over the state really loaded (er, the truck loaded) and the difference the Timbrens make is amazing.

(Was your bad experience with Boulder Nissan?)

·
on line
641 Posts
Rastaman said:
I had an FJ-70 too. So that picture is not here in the US. right?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts