Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I sold my Xterra today. It wasn't difficult. Gas prices are killing me so I went with an AWD hatchback to save money

She's given me some grief over the years, but we've had some good times too. This is goodbye for now though. Thanks to everyone for their help and advice View attachment 144434
Sad to see you go, but I get it about fuel prices. I currently have an Xterra, an F150 and a damn Mini Cooper. Guess which two are just sitting there collecting dust....

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
A coworker has been complaining for some time about the gas prices and fuel economy of his vehicle. Last week he shared he traded in his paid off suv and purchased a hybrid car. Yes, he is proud of his gas mileage, but he now has a payment of nearly $600 a month plus gas.

In his case, factoring in what he once spent on gas to what he currently spends + car payment and increased insurance he would have saved money in driving the old 19mpg guzzler.
Yah I've known a few of those people. My daughter's mom is currently trading in her 2020 Murano for a Tesla - because of fuel prices, lol. Good thing my Mini was only $1500 and was a steal at that price. I'm getting nearly 40 mpg's and it's a fun little car to drive, so it's not so bad. Plus, when things calm down I can easily sell it for more than I paid for it.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Go over to the EV boards and people there will say they used to pay 200 a month for gas, but they don't pay anything for their Tesla. Apparently electricity is free at their house.
I used to own a Chevy Volt and was on that forum. Different crowd, that's for sure. The amount of money they'd pay to increase their range by 1 mile was hilarious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts