Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Back in 1994 I had a 1986 250 Rebel with a 2 gallon tank. Rode 121 miles round trip to work. Monday I put in $1.25. Tuesday $1.50. Wednesday $1.25. Thursday $1.75. Friday $1.25. Haha

That thing got 70+ miles per gallon and it wouldn't go over 70 MPH but got me there cheap.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A coworker has been complaining for some time about the gas prices and fuel economy of his vehicle. Last week he shared he traded in his paid off suv and purchased a hybrid car. Yes, he is proud of his gas mileage, but he now has a payment of nearly $600 a month plus gas.

In his case, factoring in what he once spent on gas to what he currently spends + car payment and increased insurance he would have saved money in driving the old 19mpg guzzler.
Ha! Some people don't understand math. Back in the 1990's I knew a woman that did a similar thing. Traded her Durango for a car that got almost the same gas mileage but had a smaller gas tank. Since the Durango was $100 to fill and the car was only $65 to fill she thought she was saving money.

So car payment+same gas mileage=more money! She said I was lying. Yeah, can't fix stupid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts