Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 night armour S 4x4
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my Xterra today. It wasn't difficult. Gas prices are killing me so I went with an AWD hatchback to save money

She's given me some grief over the years, but we've had some good times too. This is goodbye for now though. Thanks to everyone for their help and advice
Sky Water Tire Wheel Car

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I sold my Xterra today. It wasn't difficult. Gas prices are killing me so I went with an AWD hatchback to save money

She's given me some grief over the years, but we've had some good times too. This is goodbye for now though. Thanks to everyone for their help and advice View attachment 144434
Sad to see you go, but I get it about fuel prices. I currently have an Xterra, an F150 and a damn Mini Cooper. Guess which two are just sitting there collecting dust....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Back in 1994 I had a 1986 250 Rebel with a 2 gallon tank. Rode 121 miles round trip to work. Monday I put in $1.25. Tuesday $1.50. Wednesday $1.25. Thursday $1.75. Friday $1.25. Haha

That thing got 70+ miles per gallon and it wouldn't go over 70 MPH but got me there cheap.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
A coworker has been complaining for some time about the gas prices and fuel economy of his vehicle. Last week he shared he traded in his paid off suv and purchased a hybrid car. Yes, he is proud of his gas mileage, but he now has a payment of nearly $600 a month plus gas.

In his case, factoring in what he once spent on gas to what he currently spends + car payment and increased insurance he would have saved money in driving the old 19mpg guzzler.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A coworker has been complaining for some time about the gas prices and fuel economy of his vehicle. Last week he shared he traded in his paid off suv and purchased a hybrid car. Yes, he is proud of his gas mileage, but he now has a payment of nearly $600 a month plus gas.

In his case, factoring in what he once spent on gas to what he currently spends + car payment and increased insurance he would have saved money in driving the old 19mpg guzzler.
Ha! Some people don't understand math. Back in the 1990's I knew a woman that did a similar thing. Traded her Durango for a car that got almost the same gas mileage but had a smaller gas tank. Since the Durango was $100 to fill and the car was only $65 to fill she thought she was saving money.

So car payment+same gas mileage=more money! She said I was lying. Yeah, can't fix stupid.

·
Registered
2013 Pro4X, 6MT
1,386 Posts
Back in 1994 I had a 1986 250 Rebel with a 2 gallon tank. Rode 121 miles round trip to work. Monday I put in $1.25. Tuesday $1.50. Wednesday $1.25. Thursday $1.75. Friday $1.25. Haha

That thing got 70+ miles per gallon and it wouldn't go over 70 MPH but got me there cheap.
I have a 2000 Honda XR250 dirtbike that I made street legal 18 years ago. It'll go about 70MPH too but I never take it on a freeway, surface streets and expressways only. I hadn't ridden it much since about 2015 but I ride it a lot more now. It gets about 80-85mpg and a sheeitload of smiles/gallon!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I owned a 1985 Honda XL250R and loved it.
This was the on/off road version with lights and signals.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts

Yah I've known a few of those people. My daughter's mom is currently trading in her 2020 Murano for a Tesla - because of fuel prices, lol. Good thing my Mini was only $1500 and was a steal at that price. I'm getting nearly 40 mpg's and it's a fun little car to drive, so it's not so bad. Plus, when things calm down I can easily sell it for more than I paid for it.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Yah I've known a few of those people. My daughter's mom is currently trading in her 2020 Murano for a Tesla - because of fuel prices, lol. Good thing my Mini was only $1500 and was a steal at that price. I'm getting nearly 40 mpg's and it's a fun little car to drive, so it's not so bad. Plus, when things calm down I can easily sell it for more than I paid for it.
Go over to the EV boards and people there will say they used to pay 200 a month for gas, but they don't pay anything for their Tesla. Apparently electricity is free at their house.

Were actually not even close to the inflation adjusted high of gas - which I think was 2008. It would need to get to $5.00 a gallon average. I think the big issue is everything is 20% higher now, so everyone is feeling the pinch.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Go over to the EV boards and people there will say they used to pay 200 a month for gas, but they don't pay anything for their Tesla. Apparently electricity is free at their house.
I used to own a Chevy Volt and was on that forum. Different crowd, that's for sure. The amount of money they'd pay to increase their range by 1 mile was hilarious.

·
Registered
102 Posts
5 cars in the family: 2017 Mazda CX-5, 2015 Xterra, 2009 Honda Civic, 2007 FJ Cruiser, and 1998 4 Runner. The 2009 Civic will be sold withing 3 weeks. Carvanna offers me $7400 with the next day pickup. I know that 3 BOF cars are guzzlers, but they are reliable, easy to maintain, so they are staying! Plus my kids are responsible for paying gas for their cars (FJ and 4Runner).

Jarek

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
5 cars in the family: 2017 Mazda CX-5, 2015 Xterra, 2009 Honda Civic, 2007 FJ Cruiser, and 1998 4 Runner. The 2009 Civic will be sold withing 3 weeks. Carvanna offers me $7400 with the next day pickup. I know that 3 BOF cars are guzzlers, but they are reliable, easy to maintain, so they are staying! Plus my kids are responsible for paying gas for their cars (FJ and 4Runner).

Jarek
That FJ is worth more than its weight in gold right now. Just something to consider.

·
Registered
12 Posts
TG the wife and me work from home. Have been for 2 + years now and it’s permanent. I have an Xterra SE, Tacoma TRD Sport, Sienna Van, Subaru Legacy, and a Civic. The civic, driven by D1 is thrilled at 30mpg. The X and the Taco just on weekends via rotation. I can’t imagine driving either of those daily to an office. Friggin insane. Also diesel is no prize either at $6.50/ gallon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts