Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
1,127 Posts
welll since you found it, I will let you try it out on your X and report back to us how it goes :) I loveeee how it says " will this void your warentee? Answer is noooooo you can take it out just as easy as you put it in

·
on line
552 Posts
ohhh i get it, you just put the red wire on the + terminal and the black on the - and it then takes over your car through the battery...0.o

·
on line
552 Posts
I bet it will... right before it starts a fire hahaha.

·
on line
750 Posts
It's only $28 after shipping with a 30 money back guarantee. I've been reading about mods like this that basically fool the MAS/MAF system into giving better mpg. Since that is what I am after, I might try it out. If all I get is more horsepower..oh well, I can live with it, lol.

Seems to have positive feedback on Ebay.

·
on line
5,614 Posts
BioTerra said:
It's only $28 after shipping with a 30 money back guarantee. I've been reading about mods like this that basically fool the MAS/MAF system into giving better mpg. Since that is what I am after, I might try it out. If all I get is more horsepower..oh well, I can live with it, lol.

Seems to have positive feedback on Ebay.
THose things are a scam. There's no chip only an $4 resistor. It tries to fool the FI brain that there is a load on the system

·
on line
152 Posts
this is a total bullshit mod. It MIGHT give you better MPG and higher HP but it will run you engine at stupid high temperatures. This will cause your engine a LOT of wear in a short time period.

I think the engineers at the Nissan factory knew what they were doing.

Im not sure about this particular one but the Bullydog and other ones for diesel engines which are very popular will actually increase performance but will run your engine at a higher temp causing a lot of wear. They work but at the expense of engine life.

·
on line
152 Posts
and i agree with Oz... that will increase engine temp and decrease engine life

·
on line
139 Posts
I'm sure this guy is serious. If I had a choice between working as a top Nissan engineer and selling crap on E-bay, I'd definitely go with E-bay. There is so much money to be made on E-bay.

(couldn't find roll-eyes smiley)

D-Rock

·
on line
750 Posts
Hmm. I'll pass for the moment as the resistor route is pretty easy to make yourself.

·
on line
230 Posts
Can you emagine being the first truck manufacture to create 341HP and 42mpg? You could paint all the trucks pink and not be able to make enough! Wonder if Ebays fraud department might be interested...hmm...

·
on line
750 Posts
It "might" work with a hydrogen on demand system installed. These supposedly make the engine run cooler and some sites recommend this type of MAS mod with the HOD.

I dunno, I'm skeptical of all of it but I might tinker with some of it and see what kind of results are possible. Better mileage is that elusive dream we all have, lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts