Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else felt and heard a shaking in the brakes when you try to brake going down hill in a sharp turn or on ice?

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I know what that feels like. It only does it in a sharp down hill turn going very slow and it only last a second or two.. It's almost like a grinding. I'm going to the dealer this weekend maybe they can figure it out.

·
on line
1,045 Posts
Xterror said:
No, I know what that feels like. It only does it in a sharp down hill turn going very slow and it only last a second or two.. It's almost like a grinding. I'm going to the dealer this weekend maybe they can figure it out.
I think you're describing the ALBS system kicking in when one of your wheels slips.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Try switching off the VDC one time !!!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
145 Posts
Sounds like the ABS working normally to me. If it were warped rotors you'd feel it through the pedal or steering all the time when braking.

·
on line
1 Posts
More than once, I've taken a turn into my neighborhood too quickly, and often, there's a puddle of water at that turn that helps the tires lose traction. I've become familar with the brake pedal feedback that you get with the ABS is active, it's just like what the original poster describes, a shuddering and shaking in the brakes.

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Wild One said:
More than once, I've taken a turn into my neighborhood too quickly, and often, there's a puddle of water at that turn that helps the tires lose traction. I've become familar with the brake pedal feedback that you get with the ABS is active, it's just like what the original poster describes, a shuddering and shaking in the brakes.
Exactly!!!! It's in a sharp turn on wet or slick surfaces. So you think it's just the ABS? :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts