Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATED

POSTPONED
Due to lack of interest and epic snow conditions I am delaying this outing. I'm booked next weekend too so the soonest it could be is the weekend of March 7th (my birthday!).
I've got a new controversial bumper that needs testing. I was looking forward to the Tillamook run but it sounds like that might not happen. So, I'll be going somewhere. I'm thinking probably Walker. Its enough to keep me busy for a day and I know some of the trails already.

CURRENT PLAN

Destination: Walker Valley OHV Area

Trail Rating and Link to Description of Trail:
Most Difficult

Trail Requirements:
Sliders, quality tires, 2" lift, recovery points, etc.
The point is to push the envelope so it'd be more fun if the group was more advanced. That being said, I've got a new winch to test as well. :evil1: I'm not one to tell anyone they shouldn't be there, but these are tough trails. Don't show up with a only a Daystar lift and expect no damage.

Trail Leader:
Nick Aadland (NixX)

What Type of Run:
Shakedown Run (Can I break my new bumper? Will I need my winch? Will you?)

When: Sunday March 9th

Time: Meet at 9:30am. Plan to get off the trails by 4:30 (~1 hour before sunset)

Where:
Stanwood Park & Ride

What C.B. Channel: 12

R.S.V.Ps with Number of People Attending and If Any "Guests" will be Coming Along (meaning another rig)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Due to lack of interest and epic snow conditions I am delaying this outing. I'm booked next weekend too so the soonest it could be is the weekend of March 7th (my birthday!).

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good. In general I'm happy with it. It looks bad ass. Body vs. frame flex may cause minor cosmetic issues with the stock fender sheet metal but they were already bent beforehand.

The fender tubes will serve their purpose but looking at the finished product I'm not sure that the cost and the hassle justifies the added protection. It could save damage if I hit a smooth tree trunk but since the bar has very little contact area if I hit anything with an odd shape it could easily still make contact with the fender sheet metal.

I still need to finish up the wiring of the lights and install the winch.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Couldn't resist this parking spot at work.

The winch is installed now, but I still have to re-wind it with tension.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts