Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
54 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. But I couldn't find any thing in the owners manual. There are plenty of posts here saying that lockers for our trucks don't exist, but i don't recall seeing any one post the specs...but I could be wrong.

·
on line
266 Posts
if i'm not mistaken, the issue right now is the fact that no one really knows the spline count

so an arb locker could very well fit in the rear, but we're not sure, and no one i know of has tried

·
on line
3,217 Posts
That's right. ARB is still in need of someone with a S edition to allow them to try the fitment. They haven't had anyone come forward to try the fitment. I've talked with ARB several times and no one is willing to do it. If I lived in Washington then I would have already done it.

·
on line
315 Posts
Dan, do you have a contact there or something? I tried e-mailing ARB USA through their website regarding their supposed snorkel development but the e-mail bounced back to me.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
armandov99 said:
Dan, do you have a contact there or something? I tried e-mailing ARB USA through their website regarding their supposed snorkel development but the e-mail bounced back to me.
I'll have to look for it again. I just called them and spoke to the shop manager there that does all of the test fitments, etc.

·
on line
2,248 Posts
dan galusha said:
That's right. ARB is still in need of someone with a S edition to allow them to try the fitment. They haven't had anyone come forward to try the fitment. I've talked with ARB several times and no one is willing to do it. If I lived in Washington then I would have already done it.
Dan,

Who is your contact person up there? I called up there a few months ago and was told that they found someone who was going to bring their rig in for a test fit and spline count, so I didn't volunteer.

I've got an S (manual w/ D44) and might be willing to take it up there (from Oregon) if needed.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
I don't think that the D44 is going to work. They needed the C200 rear end that is found in the auto S editions since they already have one made from the first gens.

·
on line
315 Posts
jwd270 said:
If being a ginny pig qualifies me for a free locker...it might be worth the drive.
Hmm...if you're really in Boston:

6,000 miles round trip / 18.5 MPG * $2/gallon = $650.

Plus wear and tear on the truck, an oil change, and taking time off for the trip...you sure about that???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts