Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering the AAL kit soon to give the rear a little more lift than with just my Calmini shackles alone. I havn't decided which manufacturer to go with yet, but was just curious if I will have to buy new longer shocks and extended brake lines. I have the stock Bilstien's from that came with my X, I have removed my rear sway bar, and I do wheel my xterra. Any help would be much appreciated...

·
on line
628 Posts
If you keep the stock shocks, they will be the limiting factor and thus saving you from needing extended brake lines.

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
I got a total lift of about 3.5 inches after the Deaver AAL and PRG Shackles.

The Deaver should give you a lift of 2" - 2.5".

The PRG shackle is adjustable. There are 4 settings.

Here is a photo of the PRG shackle painted red.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
so you have four options....so the lhigher the shackle is mounted the more the lift?
On Gregs website the deavers say 1.5' of lift...are the 2-2.5' deavers special order?

·
on line
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help guys...

mcampana said:
I have bigger shocks, deaver aal, prg shackles, and no extended breaklines. Dont need em.
I think I'll go that route.... with the exception of having calmini shackles

Mark, do you have the part number and/or size of the shocks you are now running?

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
The shocks that Mcampana and I run are Bilstein 5125s. They are long enough to support the PRG rear components lift.

Greg's current website is out of date, so you need to call him to get the current products and prices.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
SeXterraPA said:
The shocks that Mcampana and I run are Bilstein 5125s. They are long enough to support the PRG rear components lift.

Greg's current website is out of date, so you need to call him to get the current products and prices.
I've got the Calimini Shackles in the back right now, so if I get the Deaver AALs, I should get these shocks as well?

·
on line
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SeXterraPA said:

Thanks. I'll just call Greg when I'm ready to get the Deaver kit and the shocks.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
As long as the correct shocks are used, the brake lines should be fine. Here's a pic of an X with our longer Bilsteins on stands and completly extended. Keep in mind that becasue the lines are between the shocks, they wont get any longer even at max articulation.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Greg,

Thanks for the picture. Looks like the ABS lines AND brakelines will be okay. What is the part no. for those shocks?

(This could be a valuable resource for future reference/searches)

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Sooo........will you know during installation if you need them or not? It just sounds scary to think that you could install the lift and then take it for a drive and one day you over extend them and something terrible happens.

Can something terrible even happen? Forgive the lack of knowledge on this subject.

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
After you install longer shocks you would be able to see if your break lines are being stretched at an unsafe length.

Also, the reason for extending is to allow maximum flex in your suspension. This kind of flex is normally only attained, on purpose, while off road.

As said before, you shouldn't have to extend your break lines. But, if for some reason you have shorter than average lines you will notice after installation.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts