Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I don't want to sound XOCish, but you need to look at the how to forums

MC Daystar install. The shackle install is the same for AC
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=85

My advice it to take your time. I had a hell of a time because my leaf spring was broken.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
damn, koko beat me to it... i was gonna link to that thread as well.
Be sure to note the jack between the frame and leaves part... fought with mine for 20 minutes before remembering to do that.

yeah, feel free to ask but most everyone here is good about posting how-to's so check'em out... also might get more responses on suspension ?'s if you post this kinda stuff in the "suspension, tire, wheel" section.

·
on line
376 Posts
x2 on the jack between frame and leafs. I didnt have the instructions w/ mine. Lets just say after an hour of fighting to pull the leafs down to mount to the shackle by myself I had to call a friend to help.

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am so glad i have my brothers to whip me into shape!!!LOL..

Thanks guys...

·
on line
2,938 Posts
usmc xterra said:
Yea I think that MC guy did a pretty good how to on the rear, the jack and strap trick has saved a lot of broken parts! So they say. Man I just broke my arm! :) MC
Watch it. I see you head swelling!

·
on line
589 Posts
Not sure about the AC Shackles, but having bought the Calmini set I replaced the bolts for relatively cheap to stronger bolts. It isn't unheard of having them shear off, so I just got some 10.9 grade and am using those now.
www.fastenal.com In case...

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Erick said:
Not sure about the AC Shackles, but having bought the Calmini set I replaced the bolts for relatively cheap to stronger bolts. It isn't unheard of having them shear off, so I just got some 10.9 grade and am using those now.
www.fastenal.com In case...
My AC shackles have been replaced with Grade 8 from the start (the equal of 10.9 bolts, only in standrd size not metric). The bolt that is most important is the top of the shackle, these can break when you hit the shackle off a ledge as you try and decend it.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
syndicate said:
It still baffles me that AC doesn't include grade 8 bolts...
Maybe so something gives? I just wonder how fast a set of revolving shackles will trash under same stress? Gotta be quick. I wheel like a sissy anyhow, In my Jeep days I was young and throttle happy, and I liked to work on cars. Take it easy now and break a lot less. And get stuck less too. MC

·
on line
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What about using AC shackles and Daystar spacers?Got the shackles already from 2x4 not installed,and my new 4x4 coming!!Thought i could get away with just spacers and "Mix" the lift..

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Actually the revolver shackles are really beefy. The only way I see them busting is if you get them to turn inside out, which is possible on some. I have not see the AC revolvers in person, but have seen "other" brands (not sure of the brand to be honest).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts