Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably won't happen for a while (or ever, to be honest), but I have a dream to drive this 2012 Pro-4x from MN all the way down to Chile or Argentina.

Anyone have any idea about the possibility of getting X's serviced along the way, should it be required? I'm guessing there would be part a-plenty in Brazil (EDIT: probably Mexico as well), but how about all the other countries?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I think your idea of finding a dealer in each country is the way to go if you can. If your going to get parts out of the U.S, I wouldn't use a dealer. I would find one of the many freight forwarders in the Miami area (most of these are people working out of their house) that specialize in getting parts out of this country and in to just about any country in Latin America. There are a number of things you need, such as the parts country of origin, tariff codes, etc. Either they can source the part and get it to you, or you could have someone source the part and get it to them, and they get it to you. Expect to be sitting for a long time if you do that, although I suppose the plan would be to have them in the event it was something fairly significant.

I would post this question on expedition portal. Hundreds of members there have likely already done this.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips guys.

Almost as interesting is this Miami industry of freight forwarders working from home sending parts down south - truly fascinating.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I live in Belize, We don't have Nissan Dealerships here, but there is one close to us in Chetumal, Mexico (I'm sure they have many more). But I don't see that they sell X's. Also we do have freight forwarders, one that I think services all of Central America is aeropost. www.aeropost.com.

edit: added dealer in Mexico I frequent.
http://www.nissanchetumal.com.mx/

·
on line
2,044 Posts
I just read on line the motorcycle guy from high tech industry that wanted to drive his motorcycle the same route your talking aoout.... he is currently missing in mexico... not a good idea to even think of driving all the way down to Guatemala..
another thing is the range rover company that sent some of their vehicles to do the drive from southamerica north to usa... somewhere in Colombia there is no real road. it turns into a jungle and it took them weeks to machete their way thorugh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts