Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
If that ends up being the case, just make sure you don't have a wiring issue beforehand, otherwise that new MAF won't change a thing. You'll want to make sure the MAF has a good power (Should be near 12v unlike other sensors - GM is 5v on signal wire) and ground (Less than 100mV). The rest of the tests are best run with a good graphing multimeter. Check out ScannerDanner on YouTube if you need testing info.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Update- After 200 miles, the ‘Service Engine Soon’ light came on again, MAF sensor Code P0101. I replaced the air filter at 2000 miles, checked hoses and air box, thoroughly cleaned the old sensor w/98000 miles. Also I have terrible MPG (towing an RV) and the exhaust smells rich. …it appears I need a new MAF sensor.
But before I buy one, there’s the NOS sensor or an upgraded version that cost a lot more. Any thoughts on which one to get? Also I’ve attached the OBD11 MAF analysis. I don’t know what it means, maybe a bad sensor?
Thnx again!
Tire Automotive tire Font Electric blue Auto part
Font Gadget Display device Communication Device Technology
Gadget Rectangle Font Display device Multimedia

·
Registered
113 Posts
Circuit codes are usually a wiring problem.

If you're going to replace it, I personally would go with the upgraded version, so long as it's a good name brand.

Be careful driving with that MAF code - not sure with Nissan, but with GM trucks, you'll smoke the transmission, since the MAF is partially used to determine line pressures.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thnx! And I did check with a Nissan mechanic and he said it won’t damage the trans but run like crap. Anyway I’ll order a replacement.
Ahh, good to know! I figured it was a GM thing. If they can get 2 parts to fail instead of one, they'll engineer it that way. The company has been bleeding money for years and it shows.

Thanks for that info!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts