Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gents,

I bought an '10 X 2WD back in June, and now that I have fallen in love with it I want to do what I should have done and got a 4WD b/c well in Florida nobody has them, now I am in VA and well it is flipped.

Anyways I owe about 15K on it, (Got a hell of a deal) but it is your basic X I mean no map light, nothing.

I am looking at getting a 4WD 6MT (Auto if I have to) for under 15K. I will sell the '10 and get a cheaper payment, win win, no swap for me.

Anyways are the OR, SE packages worth it? I am looking maybe to do a Titan Swap or a lift but the premium for the OR just doesn't seem like it.

Also the budget limits my years, so I am looking '07 and up. Gives Nissan time to fix any issues.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
SE is the "luxury" package - tech options, practical options, leather, bigger rims. OR comes with a beefier locking rear axle and bigger tires.

If you're Titan Swapping to go off-road, the OR will be a better place to start, but my SE wheels just fine without the easy button. I'm fairly confident you won't find any MT SEs though. Since both are considered top-of-the-line trims they'll probably fetch the same dollar.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's my thing, I am thinking that the MT is worth it if I rear gear, but this is going to be the baby hauler (Boy due in July) and my DD. Wife's car is an Audi A4 but she might honestly get this X and we will sell the Audi b/c of the issues with it. The choices are endless.

We love the truck and I wanted to get 4wd at the time but now it's like sweet jesus should have held out...but can't change the past.

for the '07 and up are there any issues that they are known to have besides SMOD?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's why I am in the forum, seeing what the biggest difference of the I guess 08+ with there drivetrain. I know the interior changed for squat but just looking at the things to avoid.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gotcha, I am also seeing what the pathfinder options are. Will I go be OR every weekend? Nope not with a baby on the way, will I need to haul the fam around...definitely.

Anybody have any exp with the 05-10 pathfinders?

·
on line
2,362 Posts
When I got my '10, the only way to get the 6-speed was a stripper or full tilt off-road package. No middle of the road trim packages with the 6-speed. So if you really want the 6-speed you will be limited to certain trim levels in some years. I don't have the year by year breakdown memorized, just the '10 since that was the year I had to deal with when I ordered mine.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Not sure what it is about the dealers in the SE, but they were the same way on both my 08 X and 11 Frontier. I told them I had to have 4X and they looked at me strange. The first I bought at a big dealer and at least they had some. The Fronty I tried to buy at my local dealer and they pretty much wouldn't even look to get me one. Needless to say I didn't buy from them. I bought it online actually, and the dealer I got it from actually brought it in from a dealer in Atlanta? Go figure - so much for red necks and 4x4

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah it was hard to find one that was 4x4 and decent. I was looking for one around 12K or so but they were high mileage.

Then I found a barebones I mean no maplight, nothing, white 2010 X 2WD with 38K for 15K out the door. She now has 50K or so and might be traded in to get another one.

I don't really care about miles but I care about maintenance and options. If I can find a nice one that just needs some TLC and runs good I will pick it up.

Wife is changing out the brake pads and was happy she could just go to Advance and get some.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts