1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
1,208 Posts
Heck yes, the drain plug damage sucks!

·
on line
15,651 Posts
A dremel will clean that drain plug up no problem. I had the same problem with mine. Stupid place for a drain plug if you ask me.

I forget his name, I want to say Snoopy, but he had his X on the Rubicon back last year. He was even less modded than you, and I think the only problem he had was body panels. I think it was his passanger rear fender that got banged up.

I really want to get out west. The debate though is, Xterra or Jeep. The Jeep would be more fun on the trails, but suck on the highway, the Xterra would be great on the highway, but not as much fun on the trails. :)

·
on line
2,077 Posts
Muzikman said:
I really want to get out west. The debate though is, Xterra or Jeep. The Jeep would be more fun on the trails, but suck on the highway, the Xterra would be great on the highway, but not as much fun on the trails. :)

so use the xterra to tow the jeep....problem solved!!! lol

·
on line
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Muzikman said:
A dremel will clean that drain plug up no problem. I had the same problem with mine. Stupid place for a drain plug if you ask me.

I forget his name, I want to say Snoopy, but he had his X on the Rubicon back last year. He was even less modded than you, and I think the only problem he had was body panels. I think it was his passanger rear fender that got banged up.

Yeah... the good 'ol dremel was my plan.

I was going to ask Snoopy when I got back, but I'm not sure he's even on this board anymore. After seeing what happened to the undercarriage of my rig, and the 4 TJs I was with, there is NO WAY he got out of there unscathed. I'm just guesssing we only heard about the fender crunch, as that was the most substantial damage.

I gave some though to cutting and grinding off those stupid sway bar brackets before we went down there. Should have done it...

Take your Rubicon TJ, unless you want to spend a lot more time stacking rocks, Hi-lifting, winching, etc. The X will make this trail a LOT of work. The 'Con would be more enjoyable if the stuff between the big obstacles didn't take so much time to cover.

I think I posted this comment in the Trails forum, but I wouldn't go back without a front solid axle and some much bigger tires.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
OregonX said:
Muzikman said:

Yeah... the good 'ol dremel was my plan.

I was going to ask Snoopy when I got back, but I'm not sure he's even on this board anymore. After seeing what happened to the undercarriage of my rig, and the 4 TJs I was with, there is NO WAY he got out of there unscathed. I'm just guesssing we only heard about the fender crunch, as that was the most substantial damage.

I gave some though to cutting and grinding off those stupid sway bar brackets before we went down there. Should have done it...

Take your Rubicon TJ, unless you want to spend a lot more time stacking rocks, Hi-lifting, winching, etc. The X will make this trail a LOT of work. The 'Con would be more enjoyable if the stuff between the big obstacles didn't take so much time to cover.

I think I posted this comment in the Trails forum, but I wouldn't go back without a front solid axle and some much bigger tires.
At least you made it man. I give you a lot of props for trying it. And a lot of kudos for sharing the experience. Great job dude!

·
on line
3,218 Posts
The thread about it and the pics are awesome! Thanks for posting it all up. BTW, you're in a very pretty limited group of Nissan enthusiasts now. :salute:

·
on line
463 Posts
If you are looking for snoopy, he could be the guy at SCCXterra.com site,
just came back from serving overseas. Travis is his name.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts