Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I will be spending the weekend in Sedona, and hope to do a little wheeling on that sunday. Would love to offroad with a few other people if you can make it!!

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anytime on sunday.. will be heading up there saturday afternoon and spending the night.. open to anytime after 10-11ish. I am open to any runs as well.. normally do Broken Arrow and Soldier's pass.. but would like to try something new as well... what sounds good?

·
on line
122 Posts
Wow, I would love to do it, but it is so far. I think Soldiers pass is 12 miles from my house. haha. If you guys are going to head out, I would love to go around 10ish on Sunday. There are quite a few good trails, I just got done doing the "Greasy Spoon", that was fun, but takes around 2.5 hours. I haven't had a chance to do Broken arrow yet, but I would love to, especially with some other x's.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
I'm down to go. Depending on when I'm going to be driving back home. I am also worried about my bent oil pan that isn't leaking. Going to try and get that taken care of.

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, sounds like we have a few volunteers! I have never done greasy spoon.. where is that one at? Broken Arrow is fun.. but a little rough. Is there more trails besides Broken Arrow, Soldier's pass, Schnebly hill, and Greasy Spoon?

·
on line
122 Posts
Greasy Spoon is about 2 miles west of Sedona. It follows an old pipeline road. Broken Arrow is a little rough. There is always the Oak Creek Homestead(or cliffhanger as it is known). The only problem with cliffhanger is the end. At the end of the trail, it goes down towards Oak Creek, the trail follows a rough, rocky cliff, and drops down into the creek area very quickly. I have done the trail, but have not gone down the end road. I am a little worried to get back out, but with other x's, or somebody with a winch for safety sake. I'm told my stock x with locker can make it out, but haven't tried. here are some videos of the trail:

http://youtube.com/results?search_t...earch_query=oak+creek+homestead&search=Search

Other than those listed above, I cannot think of any. Soldiers Pass is short, but always fun. There is also a trail called smiley rock, which I do not know much about, other than the fact it is around Jerome, and has a pretty high difficult rating. I'm down to go on any of them.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
These are about the worst of Smiley rock, it changes with the weather..
Before-

After-

32" tires or better, Sliders (at least), skids.. No lift needed, but without it you'll need good spotting to get you through the roughly 30-40 yd boulder field. The trail leaves Potato Patch campground from atop Mingus Mountain and quickly drops into the tree/vine coverd canyon, along a shelf road as it snakes its way down around the mountain . A couple of good spots to picnic, I'd give it a 2 w/ that 3-3.5 stretch. Very doable in a stock Gen2, don't even need the locker. Although, if you find Broken Arrow to be "rough", Smiley rock may be a bit much too. It's your call, have fun.

·
on line
122 Posts
That trail looks like a blast, however, without sliders, and just the stock skids, it seems like it would be way too much for me. Maybe after the sliders and lift.

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I am looking forward to meeting up with you other X owners. My phone number is 623-760-6795, plan on calling me on saturday so we can plan this out.

·
on line
122 Posts
Xd'myjeep: Did we ever decide on a place? I am def. in Sudnay the 16th. I can give you a call Saturday sometime. Since I live here, I can meet wherever, whenever.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
You guys are so lucky! I wish I could road trip down and wheel with you guys. All I have is snow up here...

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Again, I'm a maybe. If my plans fail for going back to cali on sunday. I'll leave monday and do this run!

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well it should be a great time! And with the rain this weekend and snow in the high country.. there maybe snow up there.. Sedona with snow is so cool!

·
on line
122 Posts
Flagstaff got a ton of snow, Sedona got about 1"-1.5" of snow all weekend, mostly rain. Mingus mountain, and Flagstaff got a couple of inches. Snowbowl got about 12". I'm going up on mingus to play around about 2pm today, should be fun.

·
on line
122 Posts
Wow, the weather turned bad really quickly today:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2188/2099618158_7efa5c9320_b.jpg

Anyway, I am not sure we decided which trails. They are all within a couple of miles, so we could probably decide upon meeting. I do not have a cb or other radio, but if you pm me, i can give you my cell number.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
heh Cell phones don't work up in the trails. If I come up. 50% chance that I will. I have a frs u can use. I'll let u know soon

·
on line
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Like I said the wife and I will be up there all weekend, so meeting anywhere on sunday is not a problem. And we are open to doing any trails, and whatever time is best for all of you traveling up. I will have a cb.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts