Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to pick of 2, that's 2 not 200, security nuts for my driving lights so some disrespectful idiot won't walk away with them, easily at least. I have contacted local hardware places like lowes and they look at me like i am crazy. I did a google and can find lots of them, but they all want to sell you at least 100 of them. All I need is 2 plus the tool.. Any ideas where to get these things from??

thanks...

·
on line
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bari Nuts? I have the cheapie autozone pilot auto lights... they look pretty solid though. They have two bolts one that attaches to the bumper/bullbar (in my case) and one for the adjustment of the up/down angle. The one for the bullbar is pretty hard to get to, to undo so I am not too worried there, but the adjutment bolt is exposed and easily removed, that's the one i need to secure. It is an 8mm 1.25 bolt........ I know PIAA has a set but they are for 10mm x 1.5. what are the bari nuts?????? I did a google and can't find anything yet...

thanks...

·
on line
1,320 Posts
syndicate posted a link for the Bari-nuts in the "trail gear" section ages ago so you'd have to search there but they work similar to a locking lug... you have to use a key type adapter to loosen them

·
on line
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i saw the link:

https://www.expeditionexchange.com/barrinut/

but unfortunately I need 8mm 1.25. the mount is 10mm x 1.5 BUT the one i wish to secure is the angle adjustment whose bolt and nut can be removed easily whereas the mounting bolt is very diofficult due to the location under the bull bar.....

if i new all this hassle would be raided, i would have ordered a different light set......

i might take them back and order something else where i can secure. i have looked everywhere and everyone acts like I stole their baby's bottle...

·
on line
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, i put some red threadlocker on the ends of the studs..... i didn't take nuts off and apply then put nuts back on because I want to be able to adjust them to adjust the angle (up and down) of the lights. think this will do or should i get two more nuts, put locker on them and thread onto the studs? i figure if the new nuts won't go on, then that means the old won't come off, too easy either... correct???

thanks for the tip........
:)

·
on line
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
turns out you MUST put a nut on, in order for the threadlocker to set. It needs NO AIR to work. SO, I bought two nuts, 39 cents, put them on, and they are tight. I am testing them later to see if I can break them loose. I might not have had enough thread locker on from the night before.... We shall see....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts