Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
on line
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright...for the life of me, I can't really figure out what the heck that compartment is above the glove box. Is it another glove compartment? What is it used for? It isn't very deep, so it's functionality seems limited? Is there anything that it could be modified into? I was thinking about removing the door thing to it and possible mounting a CB in there. Any thoughts?

·
Read Only
656 Posts
S e X-Terra put an inverter in his. My iPod is in mine, along w/ a Mini Maglite and maps. Anyone breaking in would have to know about it, or they would never find it. Even some folks on this forum had their X's a while before they discovered it. Pretty secure storage, even unlocked.

·
on line
1,638 Posts
Almost a full year went by before I knew I had one. I probably wouldn't have known about it still if it weren't for my friend who has a Nissan asking why I left the upper one empty. I was like, "what the hell did you do? why did you pop out that upper panel???" :cheers:

·
on line
460 Posts
OTHER GLOVE BOX

We keep out wheel lock, valet key, reg/insurance, and owners manual "wallet" in it because it is the safest place and we keep all of our other crap in the lower box or the console. The "wallet" just fits sothey were probably designed for one another.

·
on line
95 Posts
Deck of cards fit nicely. Poker cards and Uno/Skip-bo

I also put napkins in there (always useful)...
glass cleaner
multi tool
rubber bands
window wipe (sponge thingy for fog on windows)
wet ones
fiancee hair do-hickeys
permanent marker(s)/Pens/Pencils
etc...etc...etc...

I love that little compartnment - beleive it or not but CD cases also fit in there (about 3 on top of eachother)...

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Yeah, as buxwheat mentioned I put an inverter in mine, and definitely keep napkins or sometype of wipes in there (for those unforseen spills).... check it out

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
i've got maps, 3 decks of cards, 4 can *******, and the navigation box for my headunit.

·
on line
7 Posts
Owners manual

I can understand figuring things out yourself, but a year before you figure out that there i an upper glove box?

·
on line
3,272 Posts
xterrock said:
Almost a full year went by before I knew I had one. I probably wouldn't have known about it still if it weren't for my friend who has a Nissan asking why I left the upper one empty. I was like, "what the hell did you do? why did you pop out that upper panel???" :cheers:

Not exactly how I found out but my kid was playing around in it and in popped open. I was like how the heck did you just do that?!?!?!?! It was like discovering a tomb or something but it was empty!
:faroah:

·
on line
354 Posts
does anyone know if there is an opening somewhere around that box to sneak an ipod cable in or did you guys who mounted things in there drill a hole?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts