Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally pulling the trigger on a bumper. i'm interested in using the space of the spare tire well. has anyone actually put a 2nd battery, inverter, etc. in there? i've seen threads where people talk about it, but no actual proof. i'm mainly interested in running a fridge and accessories, and can handle fabbing any carrier/armor to fit it.

-SM-

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have a second battery where my old tire was. Cut a hole, mounted a massive ammo box that was bed lined and then foamed around it to keep the elements out. I mounted my inverter with relay and fuse panel in the trunk storage area. Everything is nice and dry

I'll grab some pics of the set up tomorrow

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Why not upgrade the battery up front and just put an inverter in the back?
Capacity. Dual batteries allow extra capacity. This is way helpful when winching, as you can get up a hill way quicker when winching a minute and then letting the bat charge 2 mins vs waiting 4-5 minutes to charge over and over again. A long hill can be winched up in say 10 mins, vs 20 mins w/ a single bat. It also is great for running a fridge and inverter since you can isolate the bats and just let the fridge and inverter run without constantly worrying and starting the truck, because you know you have a second fully charged battery to start the truck with. Plus other benefits its as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 10 of 10 Posts