Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than the Wet Okles (Insane expensive) has anyone had any luck with seat covers. My damn kid is scuffing the corners of the front seats by kicking at them, gotta cover them up soon to stop any further damage. Was hoping that Nissan would have the Neoprene covers for the 2nd gen X by now :(

·
on line
1,884 Posts
RiNkY said:
My damn kid is scuffing the corners of the front seats by kicking at them, gotta cover them up soon to stop any further damage.
When I was a cop we'd just hog tie anyone kicking our seats :cheers:

J/K (I'll actually write it since you are new...)

Which brings me to: Welcome! :salute:

·
on line
559 Posts
Aren't 1st Gen rear seats 50/50 and 2nd Gen seats 60/40? How would the covers fit the rears then?

·
on line
3,484 Posts
max6spd said:
Aren't 1st Gen rear seats 50/50 and 2nd Gen seats 60/40? How would the covers fit the rears then?
MY GOSH! You are right! I wondered what those seat belts were for back there! My X DOES have a back seat! It's just taht it was always down for the dog! OH WOW! I can hual passengers! This is Sooooo Neat!

MC

·
on line
1,884 Posts
USMC XTERRA said:
MY GOSH! You are right! I wondered what those seat belts were for back there! My X DOES have a back seat! It's just taht it was always down for the dog! OH WOW! I can hual passengers! This is Sooooo Neat!

MC
Sniff Sniff...is that sarcasm smell???

·
on line
559 Posts
Yeah, not even sure where that is coming from. You said that the 1st gen covers will fit 2nd gen seats. I just asked if the seat configs are different, how would they fit?

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not to bothered about the back seats, more concerned about protecting the front seats. If the 1st Gen covers fit the 2nd Gen front seats - then I might consider that an option.

I'm new to these forums RogueClimber, but am a regular over on XOC for the last 3 years, since purchasing my original 2000 X.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like http://www.customcovers.com do custom neoprene covers for $121 + shipping for the front row. Blue / Grey - almost OEM looking. So I'll be ordering a set of those for the front today. If the Fronts look good after they arrive, might do the back seat in a month or 2.

Gotta figure out if I have the lay flat passenger seat or not before I order. Is that standard equipment in the OR? I don't think I paid any extra for a lay flat seat. Will have to check that out at lunch.

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahh - I guess the ones I was looking at were only partially Neoprene.

CUSTOM SEAT COVERS (1 ROW) SADDLEBLANKET DARK BLUE / NEOSUPREME DARK BLUE SIDES for 2005 Nissan Xterra (F), 50/50 manual bucket, w/2 turning knobs, w/manual lumbar, w/o folding pass seat, w/o side air $121.00

I think I'll go for those tho.

·
on line
122 Posts
If you don't want Neoprene I bought some from Auto Zone that work well and have tons of storage pockets. They cost about 25 bucks a piece. Welcome to the board also.

·
on line
2,459 Posts

·
on line
79 Posts
sorry to chime in late - but the 00-04 FRONT seat covers fit our 05-06's, BUT the hole for the lumbar handle is in the wrong spot on the seat covers - so if you get them w/o lumbar handle, there's no hole, but personally, i don't adjust my lumbar anyway. and if you hurry, xterraparts.com has the 03-04 front no-lumber neoprene seat covers on sale for $32 off which brings them to $99.

·
on line
315 Posts
Whoa...you sure the 00-04 Nissan ones fit? I'm about to order covers and I was gonna go with Wet Okole but for half the price, I would get the Xterra ones if they actually fit. They don't have to be perfect, but I don't want the seat covers to look like the cheap wal-mart stuff.

Have you actually put them on? Have pics?

EDIT: They don't seem to have openings for the height adjustment knobs either. Anyway, even then, they are tempting...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts