·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! I will keep an eye out on Auto Anything for the sale.

The Katzkin leather look gorgeous but even look out of my price range, lolol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased my Xterra with 250k on it and it was evident that the previous owner loved dogs so I ended up going the Katzkin route.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Minivan

Before
I plan on keeping this thing so I bought a new driver side "seat " cushion and dialed up Katzkin and got to work.
Chair Gas Furniture

Before (again)
Car seat cover Car seat Vehicle Car Auto part

After!
I took advantage of the opportunity to add Gel inserts as well as seat warmers for both driver and passenger
Leg Auto part Technology Automotive wheel system Bumper

Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part
Table Chair Furniture

and two 12 packs later( and paint job later):
Vehicle Car Auto part Family car Minivan

Pros: looks great and fairly easy to install but quite a bit of work( have a couple days set aside). Dog smell finally gone too.
Cons: ~$1500... $2000 if you have it professionally installed(recommend this if you are extra busy)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cover King is a pretty well respected manufacturer for the X.

I just had Katzkin genuine leather installed on Monday. Best one you can get in my opinion. Significantly more expensive though! I just happened to get an amazing deal on the set.
Hi rcafcoburn,
What color/ style did you go with on the Katzkin install? Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wish Clazzio make covers for the X. Had them in my Tacoma, cheaper option compared to the Katzkin and more DIY Friendly as they are slip on covers and not replacements.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hi rcafcoburn,
What color/ style did you go with on the Katzkin install? Thanks!
I got the all black leather set. Didn't really have a choice since that's all the guy had available for $275! :D

That two-tone you got looks great! Really wish I did the heated seats at the same time though, and that gel insert is a brilliant idea. Nice job!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got the all black leather set. Didn't really have a choice since that's all the guy had available for $275! :D

That two-tone you got looks great! Really wish I did the heated seats at the same time though, and that gel insert is a brilliant idea. Nice job!
I see it’s been a while but very curious how you got that crazy deal for $275? How has it held up?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I see it’s been a while but very curious how you got that crazy deal for $275? How has it held up?
They've been great! I found them on Kijiji (classifieds site in Canada). The guy got them from an auction with a few other sets. Must have been a shop going outta business.

I have a small spot flaking off near the adjustment knob but otherwise they're in great shape.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts