Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone recommend to me a product and/or process to removing paint scratches? I sustained quite a few this weekend and as much as they give the X character and show that the stickers on the truck mean business instead of just show, I don't intend to keep the scratches if I don't have to. The scratches seem to be all just surface, I did a search but the posts I found were not real specific to a product.

·
on line
166 Posts
I only use Zaino products on my car, and I even use the leather products on my couch. Not cheap, but arguably the best around, and if you call, their customer service is fantastic.

ZainoBros.com

Call and tell them what you need to do, and they'll take care of you.

·
on line
1,574 Posts
thak a look at this.
can be done with fine scratches too. just not the touch up paint. but a bufffer works really well.
i use maguires three step process i got in gallon sizes
cleanser
polish
and wax
just search on their website. they have alotta useful tips.

·
on line
139 Posts
+1 for Mequire's.

They also have a product called Scratch-X that's probably worth a shot. I've had mixed results on a variety of vehicles.

D-Rock

·
on line
46 Posts
buy an Ulitimate Detailer Machine (its a random orbital buffer) - I personally use a Porter Cable though
meguiars #83 dual action cleaner polish (medium scratches)
meguiars #80 speed glaze (lighter scratches)
wax of your choice
the beauty of a random orbital buffer is that it's just about impossible to screw up your paint - downside not as powerful a rotary buffer
the two megs polishes - have worked wonders on cleaning up scratches on cars I've detailed
and Zanio is mostly for filling in swirls - it's a very durable sealant - but the only true polish the Zaino line has, I dont think is intended for serious scratches - mostly swirl removal vs filling

1 - 5 of 5 Posts